base map

rune

Not what I hoped for but I guess I have to drive it in ttc mod for a while.I tried to check turboes and it work.Thanks for info

it is possible to get the sequential to work, but tuning it from the scratch will take so much time that if you are not doing it ourself it will cost an arm and a leg, possibly even more.

This is not true guys. Setting up the system to work in Seq isnt that difficult. I have emailed Rune how to do it and what settings I have for the 3 main VSVs. There are only 3 that are of importance. EBV, IACV, EGCV. You just need to turn "on" 3 GP Aux outputs that are directed to the related 2JZ VSV pinouts. Cross over the 3 Pins associated on the 2JZ over the the associated GP Outputs your going to use.

Now, that being said, we did do over 50 dyno pulls JUST to tune the Seq operation. So my settings here are tried and tested to work perfect.

I cant think of other variables that would change these. But each engine is unique as how it moves air through it and the boost characteristics. Then the personal preference.

Here is a screenshot of my Vipec settings.

http://97supraturbo.com/Vipec/VSV%20Ouputs.jpg

Here is a Dyno of it. (This graph is SAE Corrected Smoothing 5) Uncorrected was 682hp

http://97supraturbo.com/Dynos%20and%20Drag/PacNW%202012.bmp

Stu

here is a huge dip where the setup changes from single to parallel, the power drops like 70hp, you gotta feel that in the car also? If you can manage to get rid of that by pre-spooling the other turbo like the original does, then the same problem will appear if its really hot, or really cold ect.

none the less, looks like a really fun car to drive with that setup :)

Hi thanks Stu for giving me new information and hope for my project.Found the right wiers for my valves.Only problem is that the unused aux outputs misses wiers.Dont know if I can Press new wiers in the vipec connector.Ran out of time and daylight to test it today.Hope to be able to test the car again tomorrow and drive to the tuner again next week. I will post result when I finally have them Rune

Hi thanks Stu for giving me new information and hope for my project.Found the right wiers for my valves.Only problem is that the unused aux outputs misses wiers.Dont know if I can Press new wiers in the vipec connector.Ran out of time and daylight to test it today.Hope to be able to test the car again tomorrow and drive to the tuner again next week. I will post result when I finally have them Rune

its fairly easy to put new wires into the vipec connector. you need to get the correct pins, crimp the wires (this can be a pain without the correct tools) and insert them into the connector. When you push wires into the connector, push the white plate on the connector with a tip of a flat screw driver so that it unlocks, then you can push the wire through the back side. then lock the connector again.

• 3 weeks later...

Hei ben stian,fikk fikset ledningene til magnetventilene. Brukte aux ign 4-8 og aux 7 til å drive dem.Kappet og loddet kun en ledning.Var i benken i dag og fikk ut 482hk og 628 nm på hjula.Bra resultat med "originale turboer" og kun 1,25 bar i trykk. Alt virker nå men kunne gjerne ha hatt noen ledninger ekstra hvis noe mere skal kobles til.Rune Mølnå, tyholt alle 14a, 7052 Trondheim.Si fra hvis det er noe jeg kan hjelpe til med fra trondheim.Bjørnstad bil benket for meg så du kan referere til de hvis du selger sprut i midt norge.Tusen takk hilsen Rune.

Dynosession today. Thank for all help Dave,Lekonna and Stu. Without Stu I would still have only first turbo online. Only 1,25 bar today as my boost controler wasnt online.Made 482 hp and 628 nm at the wheels. Great result with the "stock" turboes in sequential and only 1.25 bar boost.Loots of low end torque so its fun to drive.Will bring it up to 1,6 bar next time on pump fuel.I think thats the limit for Norwegian 98 unleaded. Again thanks for all help Rune