DIY vipec display

lekonna

I think this would work. You could send out the 'Generic Dash' CAN stream, as this contains most of the data the KMS dash is capable of receiving. You would then re-transmit the data to the KMS after some maths.

We have just finished adding G4+/iSeries support for another good value dash manufactured by Microtech. There is talk of them making a mode in the dash to support the 'Generic dash' CAN stream, this would mean the dash could work with the V44/V88 and G4 ECUs.

http://microtechefi.com/product/ltc-display-dash/

One other good value dash which already has support for the V44/V88 and GG4 ECUs is the Toucan.

http://www.jti.uk.com/toucan-available-for-link-g4g4-and-vi-pec/

Hi Scott

How does the ecu connect to the microtech dash ?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hi all, hope you are all well. i am in the finishing stages of my can bus display and ive had my local workshop do some work for me (new senors added on). for some reason, my wideband is dead so ill need to spend some time working out why, but i cannot for the life of my make the engine check light go away. ive disabled wideband and also turned off stoich but its still stuck on. any help would be great?

logs and tune
http://www.paulr33.com/evo/help.zip

the only thing i can see in the logs is;

AF6 - CE light

Is there anything shown in the event log? (press E key when live).  I only had a very brief look at your log but AN volt 5 is a bit odd, it is a power steering switch but its units display as AFR instead of Volts for some reason.  Can you try temporarily turning AN Volt 5 off.

thanks for your help, i will check it soon. the thing that doesnt make sense (if the above is root cause) is that its been like that for about 3 years now

no settings in the tune have changed. ive simply had the workshop run new wires to new unconfigured sensors

This is what they have done;

·         Connect orange wire from Knock controller in globebox to pin 63 (AUX 3) on Vipec ECU loom

·         Connect green wire from oil temp sensor to pin 96 (An Temp2) on Vipec ECU loom

·         Connect ANALOG OUT wire from EGT controller sensor to pin 92 (An Volt1) on Vipec loom

·         Connect blue wire from oil pressure sensor to white wire (An Volt 6) on expansion loom in glovebox

i have not yet configured any of those sensors and i also found the air temp (An temp 3) was unpluged, so ive fixed that (air temp working) but the engine light is still stuck on

is it because it can see voltage at one of the above sensors and because i havent configured anything its throwing on the engine light?

note this is for vipec v44 topboard for evo 9

Thanks and yeah the engine light was originally on because the air temp sensor was unplugged but I fixed that , confirmed the sensor is working and also did clear error codes but it keeps coming back.

the only thing I haven't tried it starting the car and doing a full clear again.

double checked a few things today and all the new sensors are working (oil temp, oil pressure and EGT) so that confirms my wiring map outs / pin outs are correct. engine light still stuck on, pressing E during car ON but engine not running reports nothing, if i do clear ecu fault codes the engine light flashes off and back on qiuckly, nothing in event viewer other than it saying ive cleared the errors. "run time stats" all looks good and no issues or anything that would make the engine light come on.

ill take it for a drive in an hour or so and do a PC log and see what i can find

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

some final work on this before i glue the case and mount on the apexi stand

not sure if i like the R34 GTR style bar graphs on the screen, a little too small, but either way the display is there via touch screen

the software and programming library for the screen is pretty complex and extremely helpful, the video below show briefly how it works

IMG_6265.thumb.JPG.46c14abb093776d3014da

IMG_6266.thumb.JPG.b0c6f33b5495918a2e045