Map signal?

art leong

I'm running Individual throttle bodies. I have a vaccum box about 1 inch sguare x 6 inches all four intake runners feed it.

My problem is at low rpms with vaccum the signal bounces like mad. At wide open throttle it is fine but driving around the pits it is eratic and hard to tune. I'm thinking about using a restrictor in the line near the ECU this might calm the signal down, or maybe a pair of restrictors leading into and out of a mini manifold.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks

PS this is a naturally aspirated motor, no boost.

You can also build a small canister, 3 in long and a 2 in pipe with caps welded on the ends. Then put the vac line feeding into this and one coming out and it will mellow out the large pusle. It works well with my large bore 2 cyls and ind throttle bodys..

That is what I'm going to do right now, with a vacuum restrictor on the map side. It should make the car run cleaner in the pits. Cleaning fuel fouled plugs before I stage is part of the problem

You can also build a small canister, 3 in long and a 2 in pipe with caps welded on the ends. Then put the vac line feeding into this and one coming out and it will mellow out the large pusle. It works well with my large bore 2 cyls and ind throttle bodys..

Did this used PVC pipe and put a vacuum restrictor on the MAP side. I helped a lot. Now it varies only 5 KPA at most.