autotune

Garret_Volden

i am a total newbie. i bought the vipec to get into tuning and a few complication arose with my car while on the dyno, not once but twice and now two tuners in alberta owe me dyno time. i have a rb25det NEO from a r34 skyline gtt. it has a gt35r and was tuned with stock injectors and made 297 hp. i put in 840cc injectors now and am wondering if i can autotune it to make it at least driveable to get an alignment done. please feel free to flame if you want I am good natured and am posting to learn, i just need help so i can get an alignment and get it dyno re tuned when i can get time off work. please let me know if there is a autotune guide or if anyone can guide me through the autotune process.

thanks,

Garret

If you know the size of the original injectors you can do a calculation to work out the percentage change in size and then adjust the Master fuel by that percentage.

So if you go 25% bigger the master will need to be reduced by 25% and this will get you very close assuming no other changes have been made.

I would suggest leaving a bit of a buffer and only reduce master to a level that leaves thing a little rich.

If you have a way of keeping an eye on the mixtures as long as you don't go to lean or excessive rich you will be ok. And of course don't go thrashing the pants off it. Just use light throttle light load.