Subaru stock shortblock world records broken.

Guest |266|

Guest |266|

If you're going to break the record for quickest and fastest on a stock shortblock, proper engine management is going to be key. I have a V88 in my car. Prior to Sunday, the Subaru world record for any stock Subaru shortblock was 10.49 at 129 miles per hour. Sunday I took the wing and splitter off my road course car (96 Impreza), put some drag tires on and went to the drag strip for opening day. I ran a 9.9 at 139 on a totally stock STI shortblock on a shoddy pass at 22-24 psi with a few spikes over that. I'm guessing this is mid to upper 5XX wheel HP. It made 521 with 21 psi on my dyno. This was on pump E85 that I stored from last fall, no ice in my cooler, no flat shifting and I run a stock 2006 Subaru STI tranny/transfer case so I have to row 5 gears to make a 1/4 mile pass. Nobody can say you can't run a 9 second pass with a stock Subaru shortblock any more.

• 8 months later...

Good day,

Would you be willing to share the specification of the turbocharger you used please?

Also, and this is just by chance, did you enable a data log session for your pass? If so, I would be terribly curious about the pararmeters managed to log?

Lastly, what displacement was the shortblock?

Cheers!