Mixture map

smelly

I am wondering where the mixture map gets its data from. If I drive around with 10% fuel correction in CLL, is the mixture map going to do the calculations with the values attained after the fuel correction, or will it make the calculations using the numbers the ecu sees before the fuel correction is applied.

I'm asking because I see in the log 10% correction was applied at a certain rpm and kpa, but in the mixture map it shows the AFR value that I saw on my wideband. It would be nice to be able to drive around with 10% correction, and then later I can have the mixture map fix the fuel table with the actual numbers that I occured pre-correction.

Also, I can't post in the main forum even though I added my serial code to my profile.

Mixture map looks at the feedback from the wideband and then corrects the main fuel table.

So if a trim is active and mixture is off it will continue to correct the main table.

I have sorted out the access to the main forum.

I'm sorry I don't understand what you mean by "mixture is off", are you talking about air:fuel ratio?

The way I understand how the mixture map works now is that for example if I drive with fuel trim at 0%, and my AFR is say 13.5, after driving I would load up the log file, go to the mixture map and it would suggest a correction at say 2000 rpm and -60 MGP based on samples taken from the log to get me to my target AFR.

If I was to drive around with 10% fuel correction in CLL, AFR would now hit my target while driving, so that later when I load the log file and go to the mixture map, it would show that I am already hitting my target AFR, because that's whay the wideband shows after fuel trim has taking place, and no correction to the fuel table is needed, which is incorrect.

The only way the fuel table values will change permanently is when I change it manually, or by double clicking boxes in the mixture map.

Am I wrong?