2jzgte vvti help

muzzytt

Hi all

I just made my own patch harness , so I have plugged it in and no power !

I re checked and its wired as per the pdf file I got off the vipec site.

http://forum.vi-pec.com/techdata/Toyota ... 8_Adpt.pdf

when ignition Is on I have power on the C8 jumper which according to your wiring diagram is not connected to anything on the v88 side.

a5 and b5 is connected to c16 pin which says ECU +12v supply EFI relay on the pin out it says switched power supply ?

I'm confused about this.

it also says c9 and c10 are linked so these two are connected to each other? ( I have soldered these two pins together)

I connected the stock ecu and everything is working so what ever it is its v88 side.

my email if that is better way to communicate is [email protected]

:roll:

Hi

I have not setup one of these, so can only offer advice based upon what I'm reading.

To me it looks like pin C9 needs to be linked to pin C10 to turn on the EFI relay. The output of this relay then comes to C16, carrying 12v+, that is used to power the Vi-PEC ECU.

I would check the following:

Does C9/C10 (now they are joined) have 12V+ when the ignition switch is in the on position?

Does C16 have 12V+ on it when the ignition switch is in the on position?

The answer to these questions will help us diagnose what is happening.

Scott

Hi scott

Thanks for your time

I'll go over everything again tonight I'm sure I've missed something .

It sort of got me thinking when I finished the patch loom I cut short all the pins that where not used I'm thinking maybe I cut c9 and c10 effectively causing the problem.

I'll confirm when I get home.

Btw I'm going to go audi coils so I want direct fire instead of the wasted spark setup.

Looking at the pdf ign 5 is used for something else in order to get 123456 should I just use another ign output to drive the coils?

The o coils have built in ignitors

Any input on this would be great.

Thx

Muz

Hi guys Thanks for the input. That's sorted.

Now I've got a question regarding the electric throttle.

I still use the electric throttle however i installed a delete kit giving me full manual control of the throttle butterfly.

The kit allowed the stock ecu to think it still controlled the throttle so it never threw up any codes or check engine lights.

The stock ecu still was allowed to control the butterfly for idle control .

Now my question is will i encounter any problems with this with the vipec v88.

As i only need the vipec to control the throttle for idle duties.

I'm presuming i won't have any issues.

Any thoughts on this?

Video explaining what i have done sorry in Japanese only but you get the drift.

http://youtu.be/vUFxl9f9X88

If the factory system was happy im picking ours will be to as its looking for all the same signals.

Just to answer my own question today I got to fire up the engine, it started no problems.

The throttle is working so far so good.

I did only use the tps input that's wired together with the sub input.

Not sure if this is a issue but when I turn igniton on the fuel pump is on and never stops is this how it is suppose to be?

Also I have an AEM failsafe wideband uego kit wich input would I use to implement this failsafe ? I want to input the wideband so the vipec also reads realtime afrs from this guage.

Cheers

Muz

• 2 months later...
Go to the fuel pump output pin setup and turn the pullup resister opposite to what you have it now.

This happened to me on as well on my first hookup.

I went into aux output where the fuel pump is and there is no pull up resistor setting only polarity (low and Hi setting)

Simon ?

That's probably it. I was thinking that it was going by another name. Have you tried to toggle between Low and High?

Hi mate,

while ignition was on I went into the aux output that has fuel pump and turned that aux output off nothing happened fuel pump kept going . seems we have an issue somewhere else !

You will need to check where the fuelpump control is wired in to the ECU. As I suspect its not on the AUX out you are expecting. Or there is a wiring issue somewhere else in the loom.

Hi Simon

I double checked the wiring a20 us connected to the fuel pump signal wire.

A29 connected to the +5v.

When I had stock ecu it all worked fine so a bit baffled.

If I disconect A20 and leave a29 hooked up as per the wiring diagram the fuel pump is continually on. If I disconect a29 also fuel pump stops.

In the New menu it has supra 1jz selected with polarity set high.

I'll check out the wiring out near fuel pump something is not correct

• 4 weeks later...

was looking through settings and noticed if fuel pump selected in aux 6 instead of 2 it gives more options than when aux 2 is selected is there a reason why ? I did wire it up as was in the vipec v88 wiring info pdf was that wrong ?

if I was to wire directly to the new bosch relay wich aux output should I use to activate it ?

cheers

If you were to use a relay either drive will happily switch a ground to turn the relay on.

The differences between the two drives will be due to the ability of drives 5-8 being able to high side drive so will have some extra options available.

There is the chance the PDF is incorrect in this case.

• 1 month later...

I just wanted to update this thread for future use.

as you all know with ignition on fuel pump would continually run.

well I hate to admit it after going over the wiring I realised I had aux 2 selected instead of aux 5.

Im happy to report fuel pump turns off after the pre determined 3 seconds.

case closed