Aux output problems (i88)

Steve

I shoot you an email about this but it apparently didnt fly. Here is a copy/paste of that email

"Got a possible bug to report.

I swapped directly from my old extreme to this new i88 and did not touch anything else.

Transfered the map over to the vipec of course.

I have my AC fan hooked up to AUX 10. It turns on the second i turn on the ignition key and will not come of unless i set that output to "OFF".

This was obviously no problem with the Link ecu on board...

The AC fan is set to OFF in the ruintime values while this happens.

Ill attach both my files for you to examine..."

To add some info:

- the same happens if i opt it as engine fan instead of AC fan. No change.

- The "aux 9/10 supply (V)" status is marked red. As in indicating a fault. It shows actual batteryvoltage though. My link did not mark this red.

- It does not help to switch polarity from low to high.

- It does not help to play with its temp settings. And the ECU sees propper coolant temp according to numbers shown in ivts.

would be nice to get this fixed whatever it is cause i cant drive around with my fan blasting at full speed all the time, and i cant run without it either (obviously).

Steve

On the I series there is a new section for the AC set up that will need to be configured as it did not exist on the earlier versions.

You will find this under the body control menu. You will need to set the AC to basic mode to replicate what you had in the G4.

Unfortunately I don't seem to be able to open the vipec map.

Hi Dave. No it is not possible to use a link pcl.

Had to build it from scratch. Although you can export your individual tables from the g4 into files that you can import to the vipec. So its pretty easy. Just time consuming if you got lots of tables.

Hi Dave. No it is not possible to use a link pcl.

Had to build it from scratch. Although you can export your individual tables from the g4 into files that you can import to the vipec. So its pretty easy. Just time consuming if you got lots of tables.

Hi Steve,

I just wanted to check how you had created the PCL.

If it was partially created (if it was possible) from a LINK PCL then I would imagine that there would be a high potential for file corruption.

Regards

Dave.

I have to put my shamed face on. I didn't have the very latest iVTS installed!

Have got the file open which is a start and have not picked any fundamental errors up that could cause what you are seeing.

So will get it set up on the bench and have a play.

I do notice you have a couple of other AUX channels free so worst case you can jump across to use those.

Have replicated the issue on the bench, there is a firmware issue that is now on the list to be resolved.

When we set AUX 10 to another function it was ok so issue seems to be limited to AC.

Fastest solution will be to move to a free AUX.

Hi Steve,

great to see Simon has found the issue.

Sorry I never got a chance to run it up on my simulator yesterday.

I am recovering from a double brain stroke I had about 12 weeks ago and I have been shifting into a new house this week.

I didn't get a chance to setup my test room at the new house as yet.

My life has been very hectic lately.

Regards

Dave.

Shit man! Thats heavy. Good to see you focus on other things than your condition. Thats probably good for you. Hope for a speedy recovery.

Yeah im glad Simon was able to confirm my problem. I figured it had to be a firmware problem, so it should be an easy fix..