bmw m50 tune? anyone?

maxo-tt

hi Dave,

i've not tested your setting yet. got another problem and still cant fix it.

i've installed idle control valve, but seems it not closes :/ got 2700 rpm at idle

any ideas how ICV works?

1 pin connected to icv open(aux 2), 2 is 12v(i think so), 3 icv closed(aux 1)

when provide +12 to 2 and ground to 1 it opens, but when i provide +12 to 2 and ground to 3 it doesn't closes at all.

maybe got icv damaged?

thats my last tune with icv activated. can you look please? if there's no settings issue?

p.s

there's no separate fuel table for idle?

last_icv.pcl

fixed that. it was ICV issue itself.

now i have 750-800 rpm. everything looks ok. just AFR too rich. 10-10.5

idle process uses the same fuel table? i had another fuel table for idle on megasquirt. nothing like this here?

i had 22:1 afr on stock ecu and megasquirt. no chance to make the same on vipec?

Hi,

firstly you need to go online to your ECU and hit the E key and Clear the ECU fault codes, this will get rid of your AN TEMP 1 error which is your ECT sensor.

I have created a new PCL file for you.

I have added calibration data to both your ECT and IAT sensors.

I have used CAL 1 and CAL 2 to calibrate the ECT and IAT.

Runtime values show IAT at 100 deg c as shown in my screen shot I have attached also.

ECT is at 35 deg c as shown in screen shot.

I have added the warm up enrichment value and IAT fuel trim values to the screen shot to show you what is happening at that exact moment you hit F2 and saved the file.

IAT was pulling -6% fuel trim from your fuel cell number at the same time the Warm up enrichment table is adding 30.5% fuel trim.

So in effect you had 24% fuel trim added to your fuel table numbers.

I have done an overall -5% fuel trim to your whole fuel table.

Save this new PCL file to your ECU.

Check the outputs of the ECT and IAT sensors make sense and are realistic looking values.

What is the ambient air temp at you place at present.

I have modified your warm up enrichment table to read from MGP on the Y axis instead of TPS.

If your ECT and IAT temp values seem realistic then you need to trim these tables.

At normal running ECT and IAT values you will not need any trim.

In the screen shot there is an idle fuel trim setting also for different loads eg, Electrical load, Air con load etc.

Your idle mixture trim will be done from your main fuel table.

You need to target around the 14.5 - 15 :1 range for a standard engine.

You stated 22:1 with your Megasquirt, that is incredibly lean and would be very surprised if the engine even ran at that AFR.

If you load this file and the ECT and IAT seem to have realistic values then check your IAT and ECT trim tables and adjust accordingly.

Once again at NORMAL TEMPS you do not want any trims active.

Then using the Main fuel table adjust the active fuel cell site until you achieve your desired idle AFR.

Setup your data logging and go for a run.

"""WARNING""" remember that your IAT and ECT fuel trims will be different now and the engines AFR will be different, I also leaned out the main fuel table by 5 %.

Be careful that the engine doesn't run lean during high boost and high rpm, however the AFR values you where getting before were incredibly rich, so I am hoping my settings should be more in the ball park.

Good luck,

Regards

Dave.

MAXO-TT IAT ECT CALIBRATED MAIN FUEL TABLE TRIM -5 %.pcl

• 2 years later...

Hello Guys,

I have an M50 engine with single vanos.

VR crank sensor, and Hall effect Cam sensor.

can anyone send me the trigger setup for my engine.

I also need to know trigger offset please.

trying to download the files attached in this thread, but it seems the URL is not available anymore and its giving me an error.

Maybe you can post some screenshots.

I  would love to have the file if its possible to attach it, or email it to [email protected]

Hello Guys,

I have an M50 engine with single vanos.

VR crank sensor, and Hall effect Cam sensor.

can anyone send me the trigger setup for my engine.

I also need to know trigger offset please.

trying to download the files attached in this thread, but it seems the URL is not available anymore and its giving me an error.

Maybe you can post some screenshots.

I  would love to have the file if its possible to attach it, or email it to [email protected]

Your setup sounds similar (or even the same) as the base-map for the Link E36 plug-in ECU. This is for the M50TUB25 and is included with PCLink.

Scott