bmw v88 help

dphraner

Hi, I just had a vipec dealer install a v88 in my m52 powered e30. We are having a problem that we cant figure out. They have the car running at idle and light throttle but around 40 percent throttle it goes lean and cuts out. doesn't make a difference if its under load or not. I have checked the fuel pressure and its good, also has id 1000cc injectors so that leads me to think the injectors are shutting off. I used obd1 crank and cam sensors to get it running but is there something I should be checking? why would it run so good at idle if the sensor reading was off? Im new to standalones but the shop has installed many of them but this is there first bmw. any ideas?

Would be great if you could post your map and even better if you could take a PC log of all parameters at the time as well.

As a starting point I would be looking for any limits or reasons for the ECU to want to cut or limit the RPM.

Thanks for the reply! my car is at the tuners shop so I don't have access to the logs right now but ill talk to them and see if I can get them. I don't think the map is setup very well at the moment cause the tuner was changing fuel and timing and whatever he could think of to get past the fuel cut but it never went away. I think he started with a m50 base map and adjusted for injectors ect. Ill talk to him about looking for limits in the ecu and try and get him to post with more info as he knows a lot more about ecu and wiring than I do.

Hi,

to upload a PCL file or log file you just need to click on the Upload attachment tab at the bottom of the screen, next to the Options tab.

When you open the Upload Attachments tab a blank window will appear with Browse next to it.

Click on the Browse tab and browse you computer for the file you wish to upload.

EG: C Drive, ViPEC , BASE MAPS, then double click on your PCL file it will upload to the forum.

Regards

Dave.

Hey, I tried to upload but because I have not entered the serial number from my ecu it wont let me. my car is at the tuners so ill have to wait until Monday to get the number to register it.

Hi,

I have passed your details on for you to get full access.

Simon is away with the birth of a new baby.

Scott is juggling with his normal job and will try to setup your access if possible today.

So the wheels are in motion for you.

Regards

Dave.

Hi,

just a couple of quick questions, did you calibrate the MAP sensor and the TPS and then press F4 to save to the ECU.

I had a look at your runtime values and all seems to be ok.

However on closer inspection of your PCL file I discovered that your Warm Up Enrichment Table is set to flat 0 at all load sites.

Also your post start enrichment tables are all flat 0.

What is the AFR when you rev the engine to the point it runs bad or cuts out.

Does your TPS have a good constant increasing voltage and % as you open the throttle with the runtime values page open, press F12 and select the analogue input tab.

Looking at the runtime values you ECT is around 61 deg c and the IAT is around 18 deg c, this would normally require some extra enrichment.

Your IAT trim table is also set at 0 at these sites.

Are you running normal fuel or E85 or similar.

Seems as though you are running too rich at the point of issue or too lean at that point due to no enrichments being applied.

However these are just assumptions, we need to monitor the AFR at the problem point.

Have you pulled the sparkplugs out and inspected them to see what is happening in the combustion process too rich or lean.

I take it the ignition timing is definitely correct.

Regards

Dave.

• 2 months later...