number of CANchannels.

integrale8v

Just to add to what Simon said.

Some i-series ECUs have one CAN module, some have two. Each CAN module has six channels for sending or receiving. Most parameters use one or two bytes of the CAN frame, so up to 8 parameters are able to be sent or received on one channel. This gives up to 48 parameters if using all six channels. If your ECU has two CAN modules then this is up to 96 parameters. If you use a compound CAN message format then the number of parameters able to be sent or received is very high!

Scott

I have an i88 wire in. The reason why I asked is because I want to find info on the cars CAN bus. And it sends on many addresses. (steerning sensor; brake pressure; wheel speed; cruise control; clutch switch; engine rpm; engine temp ; oustide temp. etc) And the plan was to have a Motec LTC also. So it would be "nice to have" more channels.

But a solution could be a "PnP" for another car. Which one has the most in/outputs and 2 can channels. Must also run a 6 cylinder sequential. and DBW.

Good morning,

It is hard when each parameter you want to use is on a different ID. I will add an item to the ECU wish list to see it is possible to add more channels.

If you did decide to use a plug-in ECU with a custom adapter a good one to use may be the Nissan 350Z plug-in. Here is a link to the manual:

http://www.vi-pec.com/techdata/ecu-manu ... gin-manual

Scott