anti lag set up

max

hello is there any where to find a set u guide or base settings for anti lag.

ive looked through all the help pages and used the search function but everything i try does not want to work.

or has some one got a map with antilag setup so i can get a ruff idea at the settings. at he moment i cant get it to create boost or any where near it i can get the valve im using to bypass the air but no boost or pops and bangs so im guessing its fuel and ignition settings i have wrong thanks

Hi Max,

if you load your PCL file up, I can do a basic setup for you to start from.

What version Firmware/software are you using .

If you go to the Mototrsports folder and turn Anti Lag on, just right click on any of the setting options in the tab and click on WHAT'S THIS it will open the help file and explain everything.

Now just to make sure you do want ANTI LAG not LAUNCH CONTROL because there is a big difference and I have a lot of customers that really want LAUNCH CONTROL but call it ANTI LAG because of where they come from.

Caution should be used when using either of these functions, engine damage can occur very easily if not setup correctly, EGT's will become extremely high.

Regards

Dave.

Hi Max,

I have setup the Anti lag as a basic function, most of your settings were correct.

The main problem was you had Anti Lag activation TPS value set to 80% but in your Anti Lag Ignition and fuel tables were setup with values in values less than 80%.

I have set the TPS activation to 40% and setup your ignition and fuel tables to reflect this.

Try this file as a starting point and let me know how you go from here.

Regards

Dave.

zetec dual boost map ANTI LAG SETUP..pcl

tried that map it seems to be doing the same as before bypassing air and not a lot else. when its activates it holds the revs around 3000 rpm off throttle and the boost gauge is in vacuum as it would normal be if no antilag was activated.

so off throttle when activated there is no boost or pops and bang.

Hi Max,

What size turbo are you using

have you tried opening the RUNTIMES values screen under Motorsports and checking if the Anti Lag is showing as Active, if not why.

Can you do a PC LOG and post it, activate the ANTI LAG and mash the pedal hit F8 on the laptop to start the logger.

When you set up the logger set it to 40 hz, time range AUTO , select all parameters to be logged , set manual activation (which is F8 key to start and stop).

I will have a better look at your PCL file to see what else I can find, I was very busy when I had a look the other day and pulled up at the 2 tables and the TPS activation set too high, compared to the tables.

Sorry for this, I have never had to use anti lag as this is normally a rally car type setup.

Launch control however is another kettle of fish and is easy.

Regards

Dave.

Hi Max,

I just had another quick look at your PCL file.

Your main ignition timing table was very over advanced, you had timing table values in the 40 deg all the way to 300 Kpa.

The Anti Lag table was set up to retard the timing 25 degrees which still left you with enough timing for the engine to run and not go into boost.

There was still to much timing even with the Anti Lag active.

The timing table would have been very dangerous to the engines health.

Please load the new file I have modified for you.

Let me know how you go please.

Failing this I can remote assist, log into your laptop and remote tune this setting for you.

Regards

Dave

http://www.protuningcairns.com

zetec dual boost map ANTI LAG SETUP_2..pcl

Hi Max,

please try the new file and do a data log even if it works.

The Launch feature , I will set up the foundations for in your new PCL I have just created.

"""""WARNING""""""" THESE ADVANCED FEATURES REQUIRE THE ENGINE TO BE PROPERLY TUNED BEFORE USE.

Looking at the previous ignition table and the present Fuel Table, this engine clearly has NOT been tuned CORRECTLY as yet.

We are modifying the fuel and ignition curves with these Motorsports functions active.

So by adding hash limits and ignition retards and fuel addition, will really play havoc on the engine.

I STRONGLY ADVISE that this engine be tuned correctly before the use of the ANTI LAG or LAUNCH CONTROL.

ENGINE DAMAGE WILL OCCUR OTHERWISE.

Regards

Dave.

http://www.protuningcairns.com

hello yes your correct it isnt tuned fully yet it only gets run at 200 kpa and not even that i am just setting things up ready i will load your modified map then get it tuned then start from there thanks very much for all your help 8-)

i just looked at he ignition table and you a quite correct it was very dangerous i have only ever put in the low figures my friend must have entered them mistakenly as his ecu the table goes bottom to top rather than top to bottom luckily it never goes up that nigh as i hadn't had dett cans on it yet :oops: