AC 1100 Track Speed

Jamm

Hi.

Forum indicates Powersport as Locked, but I try to post.

I am new to this Vi-Pec setup and need some advice. How to have Track Speed in Runtime Values or logging? Speedometer works ok.

My current setup: DI2 = GP Speed, Pullup resistor = OFF, Active Edge = Falling, and Calibration = 260

Some more info. With sensor moved to Di6 or Di8 the Track Speed Runtine Value comes alive. With Track speed to Di6 or Di8 the speedometer goes "Nuts" after the track has stopped turning, the needle fluctuates all over.

The Installation and Configuration manual Chapter 9.1 "Pinout" tells that Di6 are at pin 25 and 29

• 11 months later...

If you can attach you map we can have a go at simulating.

If you set the Di to a GP frequency and see what the raw signal is doing.

If you have a frequency reading after the track has stopped then the input is picking up something else other than the speed or it is getting noise from something.

Simon

Thanks for trying to sort this speedometer issue out. Before track starts turning everything looks nice. When track start turning, both speedometer and Runtime values comes alive, but after a short time speedo goes "Nuts", but Runtime values behaves normal. When track stops the speedo is still "Nuts", but Runtime values indicates correct.

Now I am running with a GPS sensor at Di6 and OEM track sensor to Di2. GPS speed at Di6 indication and logg OK, speedometer OK, no Runtime value or logging from Di2. Have to use Di6 or Di8 to make the OEM track speed sensor Runtime values to come alive, but speedometer goes "Nuts". There is no indication regarding interference problem in Runtime values.

This is a problem some of us running the AC11 have, not only me, I know about 3 more.

See attached config file.

Di2= Track speed

Di6= GPS speed

Edited by Jamm

You could try setting the Di2 as a wheel speed input any wheel will do.

Then assign the driven and non driven speed source to the selected wheel speed.

This is done in the chassis and body menu.

You should then have a speed you can log off Di2

The speedometer you refer to I'm assuming is the factory dash? We have no connection to this at all so I assume it is fed direct from the sensor. So I don't think there are any settings that can be changed to solve this part.

Simon

Thanks for reply. I am quite shure I have done Your recommendations earlier, but will try again (not today -31C outside).

Just for info. The factory wiring splits the wire from the track speed sensor into two wires, one wire to ECU and one wire to speedometer. Edit: The AC11 ViPec is advertised to connect to OEM wiring. 

Edited by Jamm
Some more info

Yep I would expect to see the signal shared this is relatively normal.

Our inputs aren't able to switch as an output and should have no impact on the signal through to the factory dash.

Unfortunately we don't have an actual sled to test on. And for us our experience is very limited as the product was produced where we were a contract manufacturer.

All support was therefor intended to be through that dealer.

Have you tried another track speed sensor?

• 1 month later...

You could try setting the Di2 as a wheel speed input any wheel will do.

Then assign the driven and non driven speed source to the selected wheel speed.

This is done in the chassis and body menu.

You should then have a speed you can log off Di2

The speedometer you refer to I'm assuming is the factory dash? We have no connection to this at all so I assume it is fed direct from the sensor. So I don't think there are any settings that can be changed to solve this part.

Hi Simon

Have tested with all kind of variations. there is no speed or frequency at Di2. OEM speedometer is working, and this indicates that the sensor is working

I am done with this speed item, and have to live with GPS for speed logging.