Sign in to follow this  
josey

ethrottle error 16

Hi ,

most of the time the fix for this is to spend a lot of time and adjust the PID's until you achieve the correct levels.

However a throttle blade angle of 95% or greater has been proven to not have much influence on final power production.

You could always settle 97%.

I never try to force a DBW throttle blade to a full 100% open as I would rather avoid a physical mechanical lock up by having the blade jam physically at WOT.

Also make sure nothing is physically stopping the blade from opening more such as throttle body gasket etc, I sometimes must move the blade by hand very carefully to my WOT position to make sure it will actually reach the position I require.

Also make sure the motor has a good solid 12 volts and it is not mechanically worn.

Regards

Dave.

when i move it by hand i can reach 100%

also during calibration butterfly opens to 100% but it want stay at 100%

it moves from 95-100%

it stuck on last calibration

MCLFfpI.jpg

Quite often I have found that a T/B that opens to 95-97 % max only often flows more air.Not sure if It has to do with airspeed across the blade , redirecting flow or simply creating plenum turbulence, but it works for me on quite a few motors and intake designs.

My 2c worth.

Hi Josey,

sorry for delayed reply I have not been to well.

In your last post you state that the blade is now stuck in the WOT position is this correct.

The TPS DEAD BAND set at 5% will instruct the ECU not to try to move the throttle blade unless it falls outside 5% range of 100%

I normally set this to 0% as it helps me when setting up my PID's helps stop oscillating.

As for the setting being stuck on 100%, I would shut down the ECU, switch ignition off, disconnect laptop, hook everything else back up and start the DBW calibration over.

Set the dead band to 0.1 -0.5 % and start over

Regards

Dave.

fixed

idle positon table was at 99%

when i set it to 0% calibration completed successfully

throttle works at setup mode, but it does not work at "ON" mode

suggestions ?

Hi Josey,

remember to switch the E THROTTLE mode back to ON not Calibrate.

Then press F4 SAVE TO ECU and F2 save to file name.

One other common thing to check is that the actual E THROTTLE TABLE has FP set as the Y axis.

If the Y axis is not set to FP% then the DBW will not work.

Regards

Dave.

thanks for reply Dave, yes, i did all that.

tp table is ok, fp main vs engine rpm, and in "on setup mode" is working as it should.

as soon as i set it to "on" mode, nothing, butterfly is dead, and also buzzing sound from it is gone (that is from engine from throttle body).

only thing i didnt trY is to crank or start engine and check is it working ( i removed fuel lines and didnt install new ones)

maybe e-throttle is not working when engine is shut down?

Simon,

thanks for reply

i had 4.9.9 and I upgrade it to 4.10.2

same thing, "ON" mode is not working.

what i also did is i connect permanent +12v from battery to B connector (instead over E-throttle relay, because there was no power on B connector for aux 9/10 so i override it) and no buzzing sound, which get me to conclusion that aux 9/10 are still off. And now when you said that if there is no RPM signal e-throttle relay is off i think that same thing is and with aux 9/10 out.

Dave told me to try to crank or start engine and see what happens, so i will try to do that, I will check that this weekend and i will let you know.

If it is like i suspect it is, e-throttle off, aux 9/10 off, until RPM signal, than everything works and ive been little bit stupid :bag: