Bugs found in Vi-Pec i88 ECU

gojira

hi guys, maybe interesting to make a topic for the developers to know where to look what bugs people found ?

I have already a few, as i needed it, or still need it, so hopefully a new firmware comes out quickly.

fixedcalibrating tables from 7 to 10 doesn't work, only get 1 box when live with ECU, instead of complete rows to adjust. When offline in software it works

2--The Short adder table X-axis is fixed and is not adjustable other than the preset values.

3--The Dead time table is working, but you will need to set it to a 3D table first through the main fuel configuration, and disable Y axis (not really a problem).

4--when changing sometimes something in live map, need to store it in ECU, but software doesn't update it's screen, we need to close the software and restart it to see some changes.

5--help function gives error on certain topics, or search certain things, when he finds it, and you whant to read the help data it gives error, example see screenshot.

7-- when uses modelled multi fuel, can tables 1 and 2 like for fuel, ignition or other maybe given also a LABEL NAME as you can do with the sensors?

did some roadmapping on modelled multi fuel, and we whanted to adjust fuel map 98ron, we where in table 2 and didn't respond to it :roll: . didn't see we where in table 2 working , because E85 sensor was not connected and error gives automatic 100% oops.

8-- as using modelled multi fuel, say when we don't whant fuel table 2 and ignition table 2 active for now as we start working ONLY on tables 1 main fuel.

Possible to set an option to disable/enable all tables nr2 if needed ?

and when these tables becomes inactive? as i see in my mapping i have ignition table 2 inactive as fuel table nr2 is active? to disable it for now we setted "fuel blend" all to "0", as flex fuel sensor is yet not installed (will give not installed error value 100% continues).

9-- is it possible to get the PCLink software fast button just under menu's, also in the Vi-Pec software for pc ? As they are very handy, see screenshot below with green arrow to it.

now working this ECU Vi-Pec i88 on a nissan skyline R32 RB20DET compleet stock block exept some modificaties to flywheel etc....

turbo, injectors etc are OEM and will be swapped next month.

ASNU 950cc injectors, hks gtrs turbo, rips racing intake, external wastegate, so big changes, and we whant the ECU completly untill smallest point nice setted :mrgreen:

PCL is added ,as this a very good basemap for a complete stock RB20DET engine mapped untill 0,95 bar on OEM turbo. you may use it or ad it when installing Vi-Pec software as a basemap for i88. ;)

post-1822-143450216149_thumb.jpg

Chiller.pclr

post-1822-143450216157_thumb.jpg

is it also possible for the "injection timing angle" to make in a Rpm based table on only a X axle?

instead of 1 setting for all Rpm range ?

Fixed things in new update putted in green

with new update the help box doesn't work anymore completly on certain things (cannot display website) :cry:

OK. Here are some answers to some of the issues raised on these posts:

Injection timing can be set to use a single number for all RPM/load or a 3D table. If you want to use a 2D table, then using the axis setup form (press X while on the injection timing table), set the Y axis to None.

1 - Cal Tables 7-10. According to our testing logs these work correctly but I have added your comments to have them checked again.

2 - Short PW adder table axis is set to match the pulse width numbers provided with most injector characteristics (GM style). They have reasonably high resolution so should be adequate for most application. I have added a feature request for configurable axis.

3 - The Injector deadtime table can be either a 2D table or 3D table. Select under Fuel->Fuel Setup->Injector Setup->Injector Setup

4 - Can you please give examples so we can reproduce and find this problem.

5 - I will have the help guys look into this and see what is going on.

7 - Good suggestion, added to the feature request list.

8 - You can switch between modelled and modelled-multi fuel modes at will. We recommend tuning on just modelled mode first (just fuel table 1), then switching multi fuel on to enable both tables.

9 - Unfortunately for now there is no intention to add these buttons, in fact they are to be removed from Link software as well soon in favour of more screen space. I will note that you would prefer to keep these buttons.

Regards

Ashley

Injection timing has no table. Just a setting. Wil post screen later.

The help box doesn't work for example when looking at overrun fuel cut, the rest where it doesn't work don't know anymore, need to write it down when working in it

Hi Gojira,

I have down loaded the PCL file you have supplied.

Your ECU is running OLD 5.3.1 FIRMWARE, you should be using 5.4 , bugs have been fixed since 5.3.1

This I would say is why you are seeing these faults and that poor Ashley is trying to work out why these issues exist.

Also when he bench tests,things he tests work.

THE FOLLOWING IS A FRIENDLY NOTE TO EVERYONE IN CAPITAL LETTERS TO BE NOTICED,

A NOTE TO EVERYONE PLEASE KEEP YOUR FIRMWARE UPTO DATE.

PLEASE READ THE UPDATE NOTES FIXES AND NEW FEATURES, SOME NEW FEATURES ""MUST"" BE DISABLED OR ZEROED OUT TO MAKE INACTIVE OR CAN HAVE DRAMATIC EFFECTS ON YOUR TUNE.

UNLESS YOU ARE HAPPY WITH EVERYTHING IN YOUR SETUP AND HAVE NO ISSUES, THEN UPDATE.

Regards

Dave.

post-1099-14345021616_thumb.gif

Dave, is there really firmware # 5.4? The download site states the following "iVTS 5.3.1.2395" as the newest one.

EDIT: It seems there´s "PCLink G4+ V5.4.0.2399 (09-04-15) ENG-JPN" available to Link G4+ though.

You guys freezing down the development of Vi-Pec ECU´s? :roll:

EDIT2: Haven´t tried G4+ software in i88, but I suppose it works?

EDIT3: Yes it does: http://www.linkecu.com/support/download ... nformation

I also did an update to 5.3.1.2395, and I looked last weekend for firmware update and there was none 5.4 firmware.

and sorry about my PCL file, I didn't post my last current one.

I look every week on the website for updates :mrgreen:

The latest firmware release is for the PCLink software and not the iVTS, however, I do believe that you may use this software for Vi-PEC ECUs.

I'll have to clarify this detail for you, but Simon, Scott, Dave or Ashley can also verify this for you.

We are all here to help and assist you as best as we can to ensure that you remain confident in your investment into the brand.

Please keep this in mind as a perception to appreciate the support given and the work put into every product/software release.

Cheers!

lol, if i whanted to use PClink, i had bought i Link.

But because i have Vi-Pec Premiun ECU i88, i also whant Vi-Pec pc software.

There needs to be a seperation between the 2 brands :mrgreen:

When does the Vi-Pec 5.4 software/firmware comes out ? ;)

did the firmware update by PCLink, and yes it works in my Vi-Pec, but now i am abligated to use PCLink :cry:

Please update iVTS, i prefer Vi-pec branded software, as i even ordered stickers made on size to put on the Link map sensor and GM Flex fuel sensor

Hi everyone,

I do not work for ViPEC, I just help out where I can.

Using LINK G4+ software on ViPEC has been a working option for quite some time now.

As for firmware and software branding, naming etc I am unsure and not at liberty to comment on this matter.

I was simply advising you that the new 5.4 has fixes and is stable and can be used on your ViPEC.

I personally prefer the LINK software as if you are into setting up custom pages and gauges etc as much as I am the colour options etc are far better.

At the end of the day both brands are made by the same company.

They are all great.

Regards

Dave.

Yes, iVTS files works properly in G4+ software, I tried it. I actually started to like the Link software after playing a bit with it... ;)

I think it would be could idea to update Vi-Pec site also with 5.4 firmware if some bugs are fixed from the older version.

you can do that to in the vipec software :mrgreen:

Hi ,

yes I know, I have created hundreds of custom page setups for customers and myself.

however the colour ranges etc are different in LINK software .

The undo short changes back arrow is right there you don't have to go looking for it etc

Gauge setup and appearance is a lot nicer.

Just my opinion.

As for the 5.4 FW upgrade being LINK G4+ as stated this software has been able to used with ViPEC ECU's for some time now.

5.4 is an upgrade for G4+ and i SERIES users only,

The main features of the G4+ 5.4 is for the new G4+ FURY ECU. :D

Regards

Dave.