racepak(non logger) issues with v88

Locknar

Hey guys/gals

Looking for any help possible configuring the v88 with a non logging racepak iq3

I just got my vipec sent back after the CAN bus enabling, 

I know I cant have lap top usb and dash  plugged into ecu at the same, 

I have gone to the config on the vipec and

baud set to 57600

data stream mode to short

under the options can setup channel one is set to transmit, and I just loaded the generic dash map

on the racepak I did the config read vnet but

the only channels it left me with were either gps ones or just the dash.

regardless no matter what I try I cant see info from the vipec

any help is greatly appreciated 

Thanks

-Nic

post-2345-0-02012600-1435027308_thumb.pn

post-2345-0-07645200-1435027331_thumb.pn

went and bought a new serial to usb as well to eliminate some variables, will try again after work

Also just got my ecu back from having the CAN enabled as it was a pre S/N

I cannot have the can and serial plugged in at the same time on my V88.  I dont care, 

but my buddy with a v88 said that is not supposed to happen

Thoughts?

Hi

I have had a chance to have a play on our test IQ3 dash.

What I suspect it will be is the configuration of the dash.

ECU settings wise that Vnet module is geared for Serial so the Baud rate will need to be set as 57600 and the stream to requested short or off.

Image attached of the IQ3 set up as an example.

You need to make sure you have selected the EFI Engine Speed, EFI Gear etc

To do this you need to right click on the IQ3 Display tab to the left of the screen.

post-1713-0-56540400-1435113794_thumb.jp

I appreciate the timely responses and effort!

When I go into datalink2 and read vnet it doesnt give me the EFI options,  I will screen shot it when home.

But it does appear to be on the racepak side. Do you know if the racepak requires a logger to work with the vi-pec? I have posted on there forum

but they still havent responded 

You won't need the logger (we don't have one)

It is interesting that when you read the Vnet adapter you are not seeing the ECU options.

It makes me wonder if the adapter is programed correctly.

Thanks! I am glad to hear you don't need a logger

It does read, it gives a pop up saying some channels cant be read, I hit ok to remove, removes a few and changes a few.

but nothing at all like the screen shot you posted.

That would make sense.  The "adapter" is a vnet to can bus cable with a 3 prong union in the middle, 

Do you know of anyway to test the adapter?

Hmmm that is most odd.

In theory when you read the config from the Vnet module they are the only inputs you can then assign to the Display.

So when you right click on the IQ3 tab and go to set the inputs these have to be form the available list the Vnet gives you.

Its almost like the Vnet module is not programed correctly. Im not sure if you can reprogram the pre configured modules.

I can open the menu and change the high lighted but it doesnt accept it, also my SN in that menu is "1" for everything

which I believe to part of the problem, I have contacted racepak but no response yet. 

I wonder if its because the software key that came with it wouldnt load, and I didnt get an unlock code for it

UPDATE

Just got home, took the racepak out of dash, unplugged everything and let sit for a few minutes, 

plugged it all back and now I am seeing the same channels as your screen shot on my data link software

Huge thanks to VIPEC support for not only giving so much help but actually responding! 

You guys have been amazing to deal from start to finish

....wish the same could be said for racepak..... not even a response yet...

Go Vipec Go!

Only unusual thing with that sensor is you will not require the pullup on the Di to be turned on.

You will need to set the speed calibration number to make sure the ECU is reading the correct speed.

Once the ECU is seeing speed you should then be able to add EFI speed on one of the racepak channels.

• 3 months later...

Just wanted to confirm something and this seems like the best thread to post in instead of starting a new one.  With this interface, can I have the USB cable plugged into the Vi-PEC unit but disconnected from my PC/laptop and the Racepak interface will work properly with the dash/ECU?  Or do I need the USB cable completely disconnected from the ECU in order for the Racepak interface to work properly?  I'm asking because depending on the answer, I might have to relocate my ECU.  Also, I'm assuming that the Racepak interface cable will work with my i88 ECU...  Thanks!

Edited by chris164935

If running the Serial adapter as pictured above you will need to have this disconnected to allow USB connection.

If running the later G4+ CAN adapter then you will be able to have both connected. However you might need to make a slight modification to the ECU by removing the RS232 wires from the short loom inside the ECU.

The modification will be needed if you want to tune the ECU and have the dash connected at the same time. This is because the ECU's tuning port and communication port both contain the serial connection. To do the modification on the ECU you will need to remove the front end plate of the ECU, locate the communications connector and then remove the yellow and gray wires from the white plug on the ECU.

• 11 months later...