NEW SOFTWARE/FIRMWARE 5.4.3

Dave Kriedeman

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know that there is a new software/firmware release for G4+ and iSERIES

Please find short cut here http://www.linkecu.com/app/site/media/sitemedia.nl/id.26936/.f

As usual please read release notes after install and check all parameter settings etc for anychanges that may have taken place with upgrade.

Regards

Dave.

Thanks for the heads up  :)

I didn't get an email from Link that a new firmware/ software was available?

Do you know if or where the revision/ release history is now, I thought there used to be a tab or forum detailing the changes?

Software changes

Version 5.x.x.2627 (DLL Rev 2495) - 22-05-15

New Features

· The user can now start and stop logging by clicking on the logging status in the top right hand corner of the PCLink window.

Changes

· ECU serial number input in file encryption system will only accept up to 5 characters now.
· PCLink now requires the user to save all basemaps as .pclr files.
· Continued improvement of new graphical interface.
· Axes in the Axis Setup of a table now display two decimal places.
· Trigger Scope voltage now displays whether it is AC or DC coupling.
· When opening a damaged log file, PCLink now opens any data it is able to retrieve.

Fixes

· Continued improvement of font visibility.
· Restored log file marking and clearing on tables.
· Stopped the focus from shifting away from a recently opened table or settings view.
· Stopped the table/setting view history from becoming corrupt on ECU reconnect.
· Parameter List scroll bar now resets its position when the scrollbar is no longer required..
· Time plot sliders are now always visible.
· Increased fidelity of time plot traces.

Version 5.x.x.2540 (DLL Rev 2495) - 20-05-15

Changes

· Improvement in the accuracy of time plot traces.
· PCLink shows busy cursor while attempting connection to an ECU.
· Font sizes in windows adjusted where necessary.
· Colour theme settings now displayed alphabetically.
· Clear statistics now prompts for conformation before clearing.
· Tidied up settings view, time plot and runtime value list.
· Trigger scope and runtime value parameters window now share focus more conveniently.
· Layout tabs now wrap around when scrolling with keyboard.

Fixes

· Fixed table chart from displaying 1D and 2D maps incorrectly.
· Fixed CAN frame allocation indicator showing frame ID incorrectly.
· Fixed mixture map from selecting the wrong cell when clicked.
· Fixed view borders from not drawing properly.
· Fixed the runtime value list window so the user cannot alter the order of tabs.
· Fixed settings made offline from displaying an incorrect status colour.

G4+ Firmware Version 5.4.3.2623 - 22-06-15

New Features

· Toyota 1FZ trigger decoding mode.
· RiDE braking control for Yamaha FZ plug in ECUs.  Added RPS Analog Input options.

Fixes

· Improvements to internal ECU self test commands used during production testing.
· G4+ Fury ECUs could report incorrect error codes for internal wideband control.  This was not an issue during normal sensor operation.
·

DI 11 did not work on G4+ Plug In ECUs.  Also requires support processor firmware revision 3.

• 4 weeks later...

Have I missed something in 5.4.1 realease? 

G4+ Firmware Version 5.4.1.2482 - 30-04-15

New Features

·

Removed ECU feature unlocking.  ECUs will now have feature sets as per the firmware 5.4.1 feature differentiation chart.  Note, ECUs are still shipped as locked and need to be enabled but all previously purchasable features will become enabled after this firmware update.

Are now all feature unlocked from factory? Where I can find this 5.4.1 feature differentiation chart? 

Edited by mapper

Yes I already had the the newest pc-link downloaded, but haven't tested the new firmware yet. I just read it in the software release not and saw that there is a thread about updates here. 

what a nice thing! fully unlocked ecu for free, great! So I suppose you don't have to pay for upgradets for any ecu in future or are there any other plans? 

Edited by mapper

Yep fully enabled no upgrades figured this gives the best value option. And with the Vi-pec range not needing the differentiation the need for it was removed. 

great, great, great thumbs up! :D  alot more good arguments to sell LINK ECU's to my customers instead going with reflash, nistune solution and cheap things like that. 

Hi,

yes obviously the plug in's are less work etc,

I was talking about standalone installs  sorry, and even then I have been repining factory looms and using the FURY's, I did this own my own Skyline.

I have done this on several customers cars.

It doesn't take that long to do.

Regards

Dave.