Launch control help

Frosty

So I've got 1994 celica GT4 (ST205) with a link G4+ plug and play, I'm always interested in learning how to do stuff myself, so recently I've been trying to teach myself how to set launch control. Can't seem to get it right, sometimes it will pop and bang and sometimes it wont and also 80% of time when I do launch it feels like it dies a little as if it needs more revs(if you understand what I'm trying to say) so any tips or tricks would help thanks. Will attach a photo with how I've got it set up at the moment

post-2522-0-92451800-1436089021_thumb.jp

your ignition trim isn't activating until 90% throttle, try bringing this down to about 60%.

Also what your describing is the car bogging down, you can sometimes get this if you have too much grip and not enough power available, try data logging what's happening, RPM, Boost, Ignition angle, wheel speed and injector duty for a few key ones.  Either log on your computer or get the ECU to log what's going on and post up a copy of your file and datalog on the forum

Thanks I'll give that a go. Also how do I data log? Only just started teaching my self how to use this programme so don't know too much. Heavy diesel mechanic by trade though. I'm also running 253HP at all 4 wheels with the latest potenza RE003 tyres

So I've got 1994 celica GT4 (ST205) with a link G4+ plug and play, I'm always interested in learning how to do stuff myself, so recently I've been trying to teach myself how to set launch control. Can't seem to get it right, sometimes it will pop and bang and sometimes it wont and also 80% of time when I do launch it feels like it dies a little as if it needs more revs(if you understand what I'm trying to say) so any tips or tricks would help thanks. Will attach a photo with how I've got it set up at the moment

attachicon.gifIMAG0214_1.jpg

Hi Frosty,

does -10 degrees actually give you enough boost to launch at.

Regards

Dave.

Hi Frosty,

there is no figure carved in stone as many factors contribute to this, engine displacement, compression, turbo charger design, header design etc etc.

Normally I find a starting value of -20 gets you underway, but it all comes back to what launch boost your combination can make at what you also need.

No use having 20 psi launch boost if you cant get traction out of the hole.

Regards

Dave.

Hi Frosty,

once again, right click go to What's This and read through the HELP files everything is in there.

If there is something specific that is not covered in the HELP file please advise so it can be added in future releases.

What MODE of Launch Control are you trying to setup.

Regards

Dave.

Hi Frosty,

Kind of sounds like you are chasing a combination of Launch control and traction control.

My question asking for what type of Launch control you were trying to set up was, 2D, 3D, Single or Latched mode.

As i stated earlier there are no golden numbers anyone can just give you unless they have tuned and setup exactly what you have.

Retarding the engine by more than 10 degrees to -20 - 30 or more plus adding fuel trim will add to launch boost and create the bangs and pops you want.

Remember LAUNCH CONTROL and ANTI LAG are two very different things.

This SHOULD be set up by an experienced tuner.

Regards

Dave.

I'm using 2d at the moment, I tried single but couldn't find how to disarm when driving. Yes I understand getting someone experienced to tune it in but I'm the curious type that likes to take things apart see how they work and learn how to do/fix things myself I.E starting to learn the basics of tuning etc but yes I do understand anti lag and launch control are completely different things