LEM v3 Upgradable ?

Nick Fouhy

Question of the day, I have gotten a lem-v3 ecu (off my brother in law) Its been currently running a GTI-R pulsar with a gt3040 ect. I understand that it will need to be changed to the application Im needing. Maybe possibly a software upgrade. Are the v3's upgradeable to v5 status/software ? And what cost am i looking at ? Its going to be running a L28et with wastered spark. Cheers

Yes the ecu is upgradeable  but will not have the extra ouputs that the V5 had 

What type of triggering does the L28et  if it is similar to the GTI-R then you will not need to do an upgrade unless you want the features of the V5 software

Regards

Dave

[email protected]

• 2 weeks later...

Aaron.. Yes im in wwellington.. But have a r30 coupe. No Z'd serries sorry. The l28 setup im using can use two ingniton triggers. I have the normal optical CAS inside the dizzy which is pretty common. But i was wanting to delete the whole dizzy as it is and run a crank driven pickup. Another L28 factory setup, (used vacume/avance dizzy)

• 2 weeks later...

I have three setups, one that the l20et runs, (optical pickup inside the dizzy) And then the normal vacume avanced dizzy that came with the l28e. The last is the crank mounted pickup system that was off the early l28's Delivers the same signal as the optical dizzy system. Im wanting to go this way to get rid of the dizzy And run a external coil on plug setup. The following numbers i have atm off the main chip. are as follows D42V3 16/01/02 a>a>

It is set up for a distributed Nissan engine that has ECCS crank angle sensor (360 and 6 slots).  You will need to get a sub-board swap done to change it for the L28 setup.  You could also get it upgraded to V5 if you want.  Note that the money you could sell this for plus the price of an upgrade will not be far off the cost of replacing it with a G3 ECU that will work with pretty muchly any engine.

Whats the cost alone for the subboard change ? Do i have any benifit of upgrading thr software to the v5 version? Does that give me more tunning maps? (detail ect) The orginal CAS on the l28 i was going to use was the 360deg/6slot dizzy/cas But i presume since im wanting to use coil on plug (subaru with ignitors built in) It has to be changed ?