Link ECU for SR20VE Primera

Clint Sammons

I have a 1996 Nissan Primera P11 that has been transplanted with the Nissan SR20VE engine (Nissan's VTEC). The only difference between a normal SR20DE P11 & the SR20VE as far as ECU goes is that the SR20VE has 2 extra pinouts in the ECU that earth the solenoids to switch the cams at a certain RPM, providing that the engine temp, load & throttle position are within certain boundaries. The rest of the harness & pinouts between the P11 SR20DE & SR20VE are identical so a SR20VE ECU can be plugged into the SR20DE harness and all you have to do is add the wires for the solenoids. The engine has a reasonable amount of modification with replacement crank & high-comp pistons, ported head, aftermarket cams, headers etc etc. It is normally aspirated and I have no immediate plans to go turbo. I'm now looking to add quad throttle bodies to the mix so am looking for is an ECU solution that will allow me to run a closed-loop wideband O2 sensor & MAP sensor & will also earth the cam solenoids without the use of an external controller. It will need to also be something that can be tuned in realtime and I would prefer switchable maps like the Honda folks have for tuning resolution both 'off cam' & 'on cam'. Would rather use the existing sensors (except MAF & O2 of course) and not have to rewire the whole engine bay. Partial rewiring or some splicing & matching would not be a problem though. Any advice you could give on a Link ECU that could do the trick would be most appreciated. Thanks

Either of our wire in ECU's (LEM G3 or LinkPlus G3) will do absolutely everything you mentioned above (and plenty more!).  If you have spent a bit of money on the motor it is probably justified checking out the LinkPlus G3 for the additional features.  Have a look on the website for more info...

You can look at either the LinkPlusG3 or the LEM G3 both will do the trick.

http://www.linkecu.com/products/engine-management/Wire-In/wire-in-home

Both will need to be wired in. You can however use one of our header boards which will allow you to retain the existing factory loom.

http://www.linkecu.com/products/InstallationAccessories/LoomsAndAdapters/LoomsAndAdapters-home

Sequential fuel (allows for individual cylinder trims), And lots of extra ins and outs. These come in handy if you want to retain all factory functions as well as motorsport options.