IAT

Elvis Frederick

The easiest way is to wire the IAT sensor directly back to the ECU.  Wire to the signal ground and the An Temp 2  pins at the ECU header.  The other option is to wire it to the  MAF sensors signal and ground wires.  You will then need to swap jumper J5 to the IAT-AFM position.

Fit your IAT sensor in a place that accurately represents engine intake temp (just before the throttle body is always a good spot).  Wire in one of two ways:

1. Run two wires back to the ECU.  In the white loom between the ECU and adapter.  Connect one wire to 'Signal Ground' and the other to 'An Temp 2'.
  2. Run two wires to the MAF connector.  Connect one to the MAF sensors ground and the other to the MAF sensors signal (do your own research to find out the MAF sensor pinout).  Inside the adaptalink, change jumper J5 to the IAT-AFM position.
After wiring, in PCLink configure An Temp 2 as IAT.  check that the sensor is reading correctly in the analog inputs runtim values tab.

• 3 weeks later...

There is no way to tune the car using the MAF sensor.  You will need to purchase a wideband oxygen sensor kit or something like that.  I can tell you that tuning you car will be a little frustrating if you have never done it before.  I can assure you that you can not do it without the right tools.  As for the IAT sensor.  Have a look in the LEM G3 Wiring and Install Manual.

There will be no wiring diagrams explaining how to connect it through the MAF connector.  A temperature sesnor has two wires.  One goes to the ECU's signal ground, one goes to the ECU's An Temp 2 channel.  I have explained clearly above how to connect it...