Physical pullup resistor for ethanol sensor wiring?

Jeff Hare

Hi, I have purchased a GM ethanol sensor and am about to set it up.  

I have looked here:

PCLink Help > Wiring Information > Input Signal Wiring > Digital Input Wiring > Ethanol Content Sensor Wiring

Do I need to purchase a physical 2.2kohm resistor and wire it in or is it internal to the Link G4 ecu?

Thanks

Jeff

Yes I have an external knock block fitted.

Although I dont have an IC Spray so Im wondering what that is being used for?  Any ideas?  I have attached a screenshot of its config so it looks like something is setup.

Im trying to get in contact with my tuner to ask but hes away at the moment.

Hi Jeff,

You need a digital input, so will have to sacrifice one of the functions already on a digital input. If you do not have an intercooler sprayer then this may be a good option.

Which ECU do you have? If it is a plug-in ECU have a look at the bottom of the two boards and tell us which version it is. We can then advise you on which DI to use.

The ethanol content sensor itself does not use a general purpose table slot, so don't think this will be your problem. If you attach your base-map we can confirm this. I believe the G4 ECUs had 12 general purpose table slots.

Scott

Hi Jeff,

DI 4 (IC Spray switch) is definitely your best option if you don't actually have this on your model. There is no special hardware on the ECUs bottom board on this digital input, so it will work well for a ethanol sensor input.

Scott