Link and motorbike engines?

Matt Dunn

Have you guys already done trigger settings etc for a Suzuki Hayabusa GSXR1300 engine? We are looking at running one in a car application and are looking for an ECU to run it? Not too sure what they have for triggers at the moment untill the engine arrives.

Once the engine arrives let me know what type of sensors it has and how many teeth and spacing of on each sensor wheel.  Chances are that we have a trigger mode already there for it.  Apparently we have done those motors, but noone can remember the trigger arrangement.

• 2 years later...

Project is nearing completion, and the engine is away at the engine builders getting assembled, but we have the spare engine here. There is a magnetic 2 wire sensor on each of the crank and the cam, but I dont have the number of teeth yet. I will be able to pull it apart further and find out, but sorting the location of the sensors in relation to TDC may be a problem. Have you guys got any more information on this since my last post?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello all, I recently fired up a stock 2001 CBR 600 F4i engine using a G3 ECU. Simon at Link helped me get the trigger set up correctly. For any link users out there running any inline 4 motorcycle engines, could you please send me your PCL files, or some screenshots of your fuel/timing tables, as well as startup/warmup enrichment? I have but a few days to get this engine ready for a very important event. I have do not have a lot of experience tuning a standalone system, and never on a motorcycle engine. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance! Dan [email protected]

• 4 months later...

are you certain on which cylinder is number 1 ?

have you tried cranking the engine to see if you have spark and adjusted the offset ?

firing order should be 1 4 2 3

trigger multi teeth missing /teeth

24-1  and sync on cam

ref timing 0    

offset should be around 256  you will need to check and adjust this  but it should get you close

Regards

Dave

[email protected]