Gear Cut

Peter Rundström

Hallo!

I have a problem with gear cut function and that is it cuts the ignition both when it get the on signal and off signal. That means that when I pusch the next gear in it cuts the ignation so I can get next gear so when I get the gear shifter back to not activated psotion and the engine is on with full power it cuts again. I have tried to use both + 12 V and 0 V signal but it dont matters. Wath is wrong? I have a Storm on a motorcycle.

Regards

Peter

Run the microswitch inline which a digital input and ground.  Enable the 'pullup resistor' within the software and use the run time screen to set the 'Active Edge' such that the Digital Input is active when the clutch is activated.

On a bike I would be more inclined to use the shifter as the activation mechanism for gear cut.

Both.

First problem. When I activate the digital input for gear cut and I have it activated for a couple of seconds it starts to go from on to off and back again. And  that happends only on the gear cut possition.

Second problem. When I pusch the shift pedal the the ignition is cuted. When i let the shift pedal go back to the begining posstion it cuts the ignition again.

I know its not so easy to explain the problem on the web. I hope you understand my problem now.

Regards

Peter

Ok, I have the gear cut function working fine on a car using very similar settings to yours so you should probably now get in touch with link support directly for help.  Send them a copy of your map and if possible a log of the fault happening so they can try to trace the issue using a simulator.