Trigger Setup Citroen/Peugeot 1600 16v TU5J4

Power

Good morning,

We do not have a specific trigger pattern for this vehicle, I believe it uses the TU5 engine. A lot of european cars use a 60-2 pattern on the crankshaft trigger. The only way to know for sure would be to scope the trigger signal.

Cheers,

Scott

Hi Scott

thanks for the reply

Yes....the TU5 engine have 60-2 trigger wheels.......and the TDC is at twentieth tooth after two missing teeth

But on the trigger setup (trigger1) ........How to recognize to the ecu the TDC ?

Sorry for my english but I don't speak very well........I hope that you understand my problem

regards

Hi again,

In the triggers section (right at the bottom) there is a function called 'Calibrate', here you can set the trigger offset with the use of a timing light and a TDC mark. To do this you need to double click 'Set Base Timing', make sure you press enter after entering a value in this window to make the change go through.

Does your engine have a camshaft position sensor also? This would normally be connected to trigger 2, depending on the pattern of the trigger wheel is how it will need to be setup.

Cheers,

Scott