General Purpose Tables

Collins

I may be asking a really stupid question here but what are General Purpose tables? The new Fury has 30 while the Extreme has only 20. I presume they are different parameters that can be set in the ECU, as in "if the water temp reaches a certain value then turn on the fan", does that count as 1 specific GP table?

The GP tables are used for all the functions that require a table but might not be used.

Functions such as Knock control, Boost control would be the common examples.

Take knock on a 8 cylinder application this could use 8 tables on its own if individual cylinder knock is used.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for clearing that up Simon, one more thing, the Fury is listed as having 8 or 10 Digital Inputs. Is this down to whether those shared pins are used for the CAN or the Communication port is used for the CAN? The Fury has almost the same pinout as the Xtreme Black, so does it have user defined 2 channel CAN also?

Ideally I'd like to be able to have the full 10 DI and use the Comm port for the CAN to a digital dash.