toyota 1mzfe v6 base maps

simon gardner

hi everybody - i have the link g4 storm ecu running n/a toyota 1mzfe , after a recent firmware update the car will not start, and it seems some of the settings are now not were they should be.is there a quick fix - or if i spoke to the guy who mapped the car should he have the pcl file to get me back up and running. i feel very upsett to say the least but by the time i realised what i had done it was too late . any help with this issue would be greatfully received. thank you simon

Hi Simon.

If you are OK to muck around in this stuff, the first thing I would do is check your triggering.  It's harder to figure out what may have changed if we don't have the version it came from and to... Do you know what these were?  If you are not sure about what to do in PCLink to rectify/check your issues, I would recommend taking it to your tuner as you will be playing with fire mucking with the wrong thing in there.

Jurgen

hi jurgen - i went from version 4.5.1 to 4.8.1 ........all the fueling figures look to me like they havent changed but im sure the triggers have or at least the offset looks or seems wrong. the trigger offset just says 105 and i have a feeling this is wrong.   i am not getting any error codes now as there was some issues with temp 1 being below value and that sort of thing all them have been sorted now . im trying to get hold of the pcl file from my tuner and then i can reinstall it .

any ideas

simon

Hi Simon.

Try double checking the error values on your AN Volt channels.  From 4.5.1 to 4.8.1 is a relitively large leap, so the likelyhood some internal memory locations have changed in that time means you may have some weird numbers in there. 

If that happens on MAP or TEMP with 'cuts' in place... This could explain the non-running engine.  Start with that anyway, but I will look forward to viewing that .pcl file.  That will be the magic bit we need to see to give you some good advice.

Jurgen

hi jurgen - i now have the car running on 4.5.1 link pc -  i have checked runtime values and everything seems good. but the idle seems a little unstable not massively but when you drive the car and come to a junction the revs die then quickly come back to idle speed.

it feels a little odd . im unsure where to look in the menu to correct this or smooth it out.

also do you have an email address where i can send the pcl file to .

thank you for your replies

simon

my email is   [email protected]

hi jurgen i now have the 1mzfe back running as it was when it was mapped. im after a bit of advice where to wire a vsv valve to so i can set it up on a time scale to open and close at certain times. can you give me some idea what would be best, its a 12 volt toyota vsv valve which operates on or off. regards simon

You could connect it to an aux output. You can then configure it to switch under your chosen conditions if you need more than 3 then you can also add in a virtual aux to give you more.