G1 v3 lem wire-in pc compatable?

Ian Johnson

Hi Ian,

You're correct about v4 and above being PC tunable. Although using a COMLink or SerialLink a v3 can send raw data to 'COMLink' a terminal program that comes with PCLink 2.5. This will display all data including map values to your PC. If you actually wanted to log the data and play it back you will need an upgrade to v5.

-Cameron

Thanks Cameron ,I had a look at the PCLink 2.5 but couldn't see 'COMLink' terminal program? I'm presently using Winlog program with my WBo2 and the rpm signal, and TPS from the V3 LEM. I'm just trying to get the raw map signal so I can plot all four. Could I do this then if I buy a serialLink? or can I piggyback a pin from the flat ribbon to log to Winlog program? Cheers Ian.

COMLink.exe should just be in the PCLink2_5 install folder, it's a separate file. The MAP signal doesn't run on the ribbon cable, it's a constant datastream of all the info available. You could either attach directly to the MAP sensor internally as long as your logger doesn't modify the signal. Or you could add an extra MAP sensor tee'd off your MAP line and read the signal from that through the same system as the TPS/WB etc.