Sign in to follow this  
Josh Burt

WRX Fuel Pump Controller ECU Runs High Speed at Startup

I just installed a WRX fuel pump controller in my vehicle to control an Aeromotive 340lph pump as the pump was overpowering my fpr at full flow during idle.

So far this setup is working as expected except for one thing.

After my startups the Link ECU is commanding the fuel pump controller to run the pump at full speed for about 30sec. Then it responds normally. Is this on purpose? Is there a way to disable that?

Thanks

The prime time is only of interest after turning ignition to 'on', At that point the pump starts running to build up fuel pressure in the rail.

Have you used the Subaru V 7-9 basemaps? If so I guess during start your injectors are running with duty cycles above the preset switching point. After start up enrichment has faded away they drop below and fuel pump goes to 'low' mode. You could try adjust the switching point to higher cycles to get rid of that issue.

Hi Josh.

Felix is right on man.  Take the switching point well out of the way of the highest inj DC you see at startup to test this (eg 50% or higher).  This will prove the point quick smart and you know what you're dealing with.  Then I suppose chose your switch point from there once the issue is confirmed.

Jurgen

If my memory serves me correct  the start up 100%dc is locked in software for that controller as that is what the factory ecu did .

the worst this would mean is that your crank enrich, post start numbers etc would need to be reduced to offset the increase in fuel pressure on start up

Regards

Dave

info@dtechmotorsport.com

This install is on a non WRX vehicle. I did make sure my injector duty setpoints were pushed out of the way and the pump still runs at full duty cycle after startup for 30sec.

It is acting like it is hardcoded like Dave said, thanks for the info!

Hey chaps,

Can confirm this also happens on my BH Legacy with the same fuel pump controller.  I scratched my head about it and concluded the same as Dave.  The fuel pump will prime for a preset time even with the ignition turned off after priming has begun.....which is a royal pain the ass when youve forgotten to re-connect the fuel hose.