26b ignition

Benjamin Julian

Hey ive made a 26b engine and its carbed and has 4 dual tower coils. I had it set up to run a wasted spark setup with a stupid

megasquirt computer and ive had nothing but trouble so have decided to go tried and true and ask. Do you guys have anything that

will run a 4 rotor? I am only interested in the ignition side. I dont need injection etc. If you dont then i would really like to say if you did i

would buy it haha. Cheers

Hi Benjamin,

The Link G4 lightning would be suitable. It has 8 ignition drives, so would be capable of running your 26b engine.

However, if at any stage in the future you are thinking of changing to EFI I would recommend the G4 Extreme. Have a look on our website at the information on the ECU's and feel free to ask any questions on here or give us a call.

Scott.

Hey Benjamin,

It really does depend on how you have your engine setup. Normally on a rotary you have a leading and trailing spark, which with 4 rotors could potentially mean you need 8 ignition events. However, if you intend to fire both plugs on each rotor at the same time, you may be able to get away with 4 ignition events.

If you do only need 4 events you may be able to use your G4 Storm ECU.

I'm assuming your 26b is made up from two 13b engines? How will the firing order work?

Scott.

Hi again Benjamin,

It sounds like you may be able to use your G4 storm. I would try running it as a 2 stroke 4 cylinder setup. You will require a TPS or MAP sensor, as the ignition table is setup with RPM on the x axis and load (TPS or MAP typically) on the y axis. From what I imagine your engine setup to be like, I would say you would not have much of a reliable vaccuum reading on your manifold, therefore you are probably best to use a TPS.

If you do not have much experience with setting the Link up I would recommend using a professional tuner, or having a really good read up of the PCLink help file. Where abouts are you located, I can probably recommend a tuner in your area.

Scott.