G1 LinkPlus vs G4 Storm

Louis Meyer

I am considering buying a Link ECU for my RB30DET. I have been offered a G1 LinkPlus for $800 NZD. The other option is a brand new G4 Storm plug-in for $1850 NZD. The engine is expected to produce 500hp atw +. 650cc injectors, forged pistons, TO4E turbo, stroked to a 3.2L etc etc. Would want the ECU to handle 20psi boost at least. I would love some information on the difference between the two ECU's. Obviously the G4 is better, but is it worth spending the extra $1000 for the added benifits of the G4 (if there are any). And also what kind of additional power and torque would be expected if I used the G4 instead of the G1 LinkPlus. Any comments or help on the matter would be greatly appreciated!!

Hi Louis

Between the G1 to G4 is like a night and day difference.

You will be able to make better power off the storm due to its ability to control all functions much more accurately. This includes Air temp correction, Baro correction, much higher resolution for fuel and ignition.

Have a chat to some of the tuners that have used both and they will all all go for the storm over the old linkplus.

Have done a little looking into this and word has it that the link is better. (of course)

But why is due to the following.

No AFM needed.

Control over all correction factors.

Boost control

Dual Maps