Thinking about a Link ECU for my Evo 6

evoboy

Would appreciate any views & comments on how the Link plug in ECU compares with the other market contenders , Autronic , Motec etc. I have a Mitsubshi Evo 6 which I will be extensively upgrading , ultimately to produce around 500 BHP. I want to get into mapping myself in order to reduce costs and enable me to remap whenever required without having to go to a shop. Thanx in advance Gary (based in the UK)

Without getting into detail on how ECU's compare to each other ... I can tell you that tuning yourself wont save any money.  If you are planning to sink enough money into an EVO to get a reliable 500hp, then tuning will be a minimal expense.  If you go at it without the right tools (ie a dyno, gas analyser and about 10 years experience), you will really be let down with the result and probably not acheive your desired power figures or possibly pop the motor.  The best way to do it is to get it professionally tuned, then have a play with it yourself after its done.  At least then you have a good base tune to start from andd go bakc to... of course, if the tuner gets it right, then you should never need to play with it.  All of the ECU's will allow you to adjust all the settings yourself however.