Recommend a coil pack with integrated ignitor for a 4 cyl

Alex1436215396

Hi, I'm looking for a coil pack with an integrated igniter to make wiring simpler and tidier. This is for a Toyota 4age (4 cylinder) and I was looking to set it up as wasted spark. Does anyone know of a coil pack that will work for this? Alternatively, if anyone knows any coil-on-plug type coil packs that have both the integrated igniter and physically fit into a 20valve 4age I'll be really interested to know about them.

We have used a GM style coil before, but these are not wasted spark. You require one per cylinder. The other option is get coils from something like a Toyota Echo/Yaris 1300cc engine. We have used these successfully on 3SGE engines in the past. These were the shortest ones we could find in the post. You will most probably have to make up spaces to go between you cam cover and the bottom of the coil. You will also have to weld lugs onto the cam cover so you can bolt down the coils and hold them in place. Other Toyota engines like the late model 3SGE out of the Altezza and the 1UZ out of the Lexus have longer posts on them so will stick out further above the cam cover. The coil on plug is definitely the tidiest solution. The coils are reliable and the ignitors are built in.

If you don't mind a bit of engineering, modifying the cam covers a bit and adding a new plate in the valley between the covers, you could add in some coil packs from a Nissan SR20DET, and make up a plate to carry the igniters like the J131's from a nissan (or get a multi igniter pack), you can also utilise the SR20 coil harness.

I'm using the above on my Off Road Buggy, here is a small video (the TPS isnt connected up, that was a side issue)