Can I use a table for injection timing?

Davidv

Hey,

I see that I can set a start or end time for injector timing, as a global value.

However I'm wondering if there's a way I can adjust the injector timing based on either just an RPM scale, or RPM vs TPS or MAP.

Reason I ask is that my engine has VVTI, and I'm using some outboard injectors on an NA setup with the idea of firing the outboard injectors at high rpm in time with the induction events to avoid standoff in the runners.

But since I'm advancing/retarding the cam over 40 degrees through the rpm range, it makes sense that I'd need to advance or retard the injector timing alongside this.

Is this doable?

Thanks

Hi David,

This is doable. Under ECU Settings > Fuel > Injector Timing set INJ Timing Mode to Table. This will then give you access to the Injector Timing Table where you can specify the injection timing and configure axis as required.

Note that this does not work on group injection modes.

Scott

Okay I had a look and set that up... looks good.

One other quick question though.

For the staged injection, it lets me set the load as either TPS MAP or MGP.

However once I've set that it just shows a single row load table where I can adjust the % of outboard injectors for that load value.

However for my application I'm wanting to only start using the outboard injectors above 4-5000rpm, rather than blanketly at 100kpa or whatever.

Is there a way to get a load vs rpm table? or just rpm table perhaps?

If you really want to control the second stage of injectors off engine speed you could use Auxiliary Injection instead of staged injection. In this mode you get a 3D table where you can customise the axis and then in the table specify the injector duty cycle of milliseconds.

Scott

Ahhh bummer I was hoping it would work a little differently to that.

Any chance of the possibility of a 2D table for it in the future? Seems like the easiest way to set it up.

I guess it's only NA applications where what I'm trying to acheive matters, which probably makes it 0.1% of people who used staged injection.

cool I'll give it a go with that first method and RPM lockout and see how it goes, then if need be try auxillary injection.

Thanks for the advice.

Just for interest's sake.

Here's an article of someone doing the same thing with a Motec for their NA application.

It shows their map for injector transitioning about half way down the page.

You can see how gradually phasing in/out across the rpm range is beneficial rather than % inboard and outboard at WOT.

http://www.usrallyteam.com/content/tech/injector_staging_article.pdf

Is it possible to add grams/second as a load value for the staged injection?

Currently the options are MAP, MGP or TPS.

As attached.

If I can set it to be MAF values instead, then I can acheive exactly what I want without the need for a table controlling it.