Wide band o2 sensor support

Guest |71|

Hi everybody.

The Vi-PEC look promising, hope it will be a big success...

I have been looking for a engine management to use with engine swaps in 4x4 vehicle, opposite race engines, low end performance is essential. therefor I believe that using a wide band O2 sensor is the best way to insure low end performance.

Linkplus G3 didn't support closed loop wide band lambda, The Vi-PEC has ARF tabel and the Quick tune clearly say that it work with wide band lambda.

Is the wide band lambda only used as a tunning tool, or is it a permanent correction function :?:

the help file says that only stoich mode is a available and I can't find settings for the wide band sensor :?:

Can somebody help me with this.

Jan,

The ViPEC ECU do have CLC (Closed Loop Control) for exhaust emission control using a narrow band 02 sensor. After the engine is tuned using a wide band analyzer you then can connect directly connect the narrow band 02 sensor and enable CLC. The CLC is only for light load use to maintain stoichiometric.

Both model ECU support a signal from a wide band exhaust gas analyzer. This is used for tuning (Quicktune) or for data logging. After the engine is tuned you do not need any 02 narrow or wide band signal unless you want to run CLC. The target AF ratio table is then used as lookup table for air fuel ratio correction based on load and rpm. The ECU applies simple math to know how to change the injector pulse time to give you the air fuel ratio you require. It knows how to get the AF correct as you have tuned the fuel table which represents the volumetric efficiency of your engine at all the rpm and loads. This lets you change the target A/F ratio table values any time after tuning, and the engine will run the new A/F ratio without needing to connect the wide band signal and re-rune.

Ray.

• 4 months later...

Hi, would it be possible to incorporate that "dieter voltage" can be set to whatever voltage user wants? I tried switching on cloosed loop yeasterday, but since I ony have a permanently mounted wideband sensor with 0-5 volt output, I was unable to to get the correct "dieter voltage" set up, because it would not accept the 2.5V. (outside what the ecu would let me run.)

and i'd like to point out that the changes that the quick tune do mathmaticly will be wrong if the incorrect inj. dead times are used.

The Dither Voltage is only for narrow band sensors running "NB closed loop" mode. We are currently testing new versions of software and firmware which include Wideband lambda control. Basically you will only need to calibrate the wide band input to read correctly and enter the desired mixture in the AFR TABLE.

Guest Marcel B
Some wide band controllers output both wide and narrow band signals. The Innovate LC1 has this feature. I use one on my car and use both signals as I need them, as they go to separate volt inputs.

I do not see a software solution being added at the moment to use the wide band signal.

Ray.

My controller also does this (PLX) I am guessing that I would need another cal. table to get the ECU to be able to use the narroband signal ?

Guest Marcel B

My controller also does this (PLX) I am guessing that I would need another cal. table to get the ECU to be able to use the narroband signal ?

Ok , I opened up the Sw and realized that the CLC uses the "raw" voltage supplied by the WB controller so that a cal table isnt required. But as luck would have it , I only have An volt inputs 10 & 11 available , and the CLC uses inputs 1 to 8 :cry: