New member, new ECU

Guest |87|

Hey there, just saying hello, get the board flowing a bit ... spoke to Lumpy who sent me over to ViPEC for my project cars. Looking forward to trying out the V88. Currently im building up a drift/circuit fun car, a Nissan Skyline R32 GT-S, but im dropping in a pushed back, lowered CA-18DET, that will be built from ground up, V mounted rad and IC etc. Id really like to try 450hp and 1100kg in that car, hope it works out. Another project is a friend / customers car, a JZA80 Supra im building up to 1000hp. Other uses is im needing a ECU for my Celica GtFour GRP A so its a few ECU's to start with , so here's hoping ill like the V88.

Saf

Gday Ray, No the 2Jay isnt vvti, so even easier.

I did notice your site saying something about plug and play, with regards to Celica Gt-Four, does that cover the ST-185 model or the 205 only ?

That is fantastic Ray, awesome work on that. Sadly us Gt-Four crew are at the back corner of the internet, left to made do with what we can (im sure Dennis will agree, at one stage with his car on a offshore island).

Im still undecided to go a standalone system, or a PNP. Is the PNP based on any model ? ... or can you get PNP V44 and V88 setups ?.

The plug-in ECU for the MR2 and Celica cars with the 3SGTE engines is the V44 standalone model ECU and an adaptor. If we thought there were enough sales a board that fits inside the case would be considered.

You could use the V88, but would need to make an adaptor harness. We have all the connectors for you to make one up.

Ray.

The plug-in ECU for the MR2 and Celica cars with the 3SGTE engines is the V44 standalone model ECU and an adaptor. If we thought there were enough sales a board that fits inside the case would be considered.

Hey there Ray, No need i dont think. Unless your racing and run a class that has to have a OEM ecu, or OEM ecu "look" then a internal board really isnt something you "need".

You could use the V88, but would need to make an adaptor harness. We have all the connectors for you to make one up.

Ray.

Thats superb then !. Im excited, now i need someone to finance my conversion to 3 of my cars with v88's hahhaa.

Guest |97|

Hey SAF welcome aboard. I look forward to getting my hands on your projects. You will be happy with the product & you know I can come through with the tunes!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest |107|

hi, would the V88 to suit VVTi 2JZ eliminate the need for the air flow meter?

the trigger support for this engine is great news.

I am very interested in it s there are limited options for the VVT-i at a reasonable price like the Vi-PEC.

• 1 month later...

i am new i want to find out more about this v44 has any one use it yet i dont know if i should get it no one i know here in the usa that has one or worked with one can any one help me with this

• 2 weeks later...