Dash for Vi-PEC

Guest Dave-Kriedeman

Guest Dave-Kriedeman

Hi Ray,

will there be a dash available for your ECU's.

I would gather if so, that we would use the CAN BUS for this feature.

Dave.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Marcel B
Marcel,

I should have the interfaces ready next week. Then it will just be up to AIM.

Great , any idea of the price yet ?

Guys have you considered these dashes?

http://www.racepak.com/IQ3Dash/

They are cheaper than the equivalent AIM dashes and have more functionality such as in built GPS as opposed to requiring add on modules.

You sure ? you will still have to buy the modules , cables and sensors !

Racepak and Motec have been given the Vipec data stream information. I do not know if they have done anything with it yet.

Ray.

I Just looked at the user guide , it doesnt seem to be capable of direct communication with an ECU.

Guest |115|

What I meant is that for the money the iq3dash offers as much functionality as the MXL Pro dash which is more than twice the price ($1395 versus $2999). Then additionally you need to buy a $590 GPS module for the MXL Pro to get GPS functionality that's built into the iq3dash. If Racepak use a similar system to the one they used for the ECU's that Ray used to be involved with for the Vi-PEC ECUs, then you'd be looking at another $300 bucks for a module to hook up their dash to the ECU.

So from where I'm sitting $1700 versus $3400 for the same functionality seems like a no brainer to me.

Agreed you need extra modules for anything not logged by the ECU. But both systems need that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys, Can anyone shed light on the fact if the AIM dash units are programable to display ?. As in you can get rid of lap timing and so on ?

Ive fallen in love with this dash

http://rxreviews.wordpress.com/2006/09/ ... s-cluster/

Its a Defi unit, perfect in every way, but not relaesed outside of Japan. The AIM unit id buy, but i hate digital displays, they are too hard to read when on the move, and i just cant beat the STACK dash or this Defi for its analogue RPM scale .... hence why i dislike the clutter of the AIM.

If i could get rid of most of the display, and have speed, rpm and what do they do about boost ? . Or id have to have another analogue gauge set ? .

• 3 weeks later...