Dash for Vi-PEC

Guest Dave-Kriedeman

Marcel B,

Who are you talking to to get the S/W for your MXL??? I've been talking with Chad @ AIM here in the US. The S/W was not released on Thanksgiving like it was suppose to be... :cry: but we are tracking it down as we speak! We are going to be doing some initial testing for AIM for the V88 interface. I've been talking to Chad and let him know that you also had a MXL and V88. If your interested I can give you the contact number and he would also like you to do some testing also!

Right now I'm waiting on the cable from Rayhall (We just ordered it today).

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Marcel B
Marcel B,

Who are you talking to to get the S/W for your MXL??? I've been talking with Chad @ AIM here in the US. The S/W was not released on Thanksgiving like it was suppose to be... :cry: but we are tracking it down as we speak! We are going to be doing some initial testing for AIM for the V88 interface. I've been talking to Chad and let him know that you also had a MXL and V88. If your interested I can give you the contact number and he would also like you to do some testing also!

Right now I'm waiting on the cable from Rayhall (We just ordered it today).

I am not speaking to anyone in particular , just some one in customer support via e mail .I am very interested in doing some testing , feel free to send me a number :)

I went to Motec today and had a long chat with the tech support guys very helpful and they will have something done so the Vi-PEC ECU will talk

to the Motec dash in 3-4 weeks time,they also wll contact you directly Ray if they need anymore info other than you have already sent them.

Regards Dave

Contact CHAD @ 1-800-718-9090. Tell him Jeremy had you contact him.

Download the latest Race Studio S/W from this site:

http://aim-sportline.com/pages/download ... ftware.php

Also here is some set-up info for you from Chad @ AIM.

"The software is ready. It is labeled as ECU (The follwing info is once your inside Race Studio and your setting it up.) Manufacturer is LINK and the ECU Model is Vipec. Let me know how it works. "

Have you ordered yoru adapter yt from Rayhall??? Your going to need that or the BAUD rate will be wrong and it won't communicate.

Guest Marcel B

Great , ill check it out :D:D . I ordered one of the adapters with my ECU , there was something wrong with it so he sent me another "updated " one . I need to go pick it up :D:D

WAIT :!: WAIT one minute :!: :!: :!: Am I seeing 78 selectable / sampleable channels from the ECU :!: :!: :D:D

My only promlem with my AIM dash is that I think I should have a lot more switchable fields / pages to really be able to take full advantage of all the stuff that can be sampled ;)

Rather then waiting for Motec to add support for the Vipec data stream, I have made an adaptor like the one for the AIM dash. This takes the Vipec data stream and turns in into the Motec CAN protocol. Motec will make a template so the dash will know which data item is in each channel.

Ray.

Rather then waiting for Motec to add support for the Vipec data stream, I have made an adaptor like the one for the AIM dash. This takes the Vipec data stream and turns in into the Motec CAN protocol. Motec will make a template so the dash will know which data item is in each channel.

Ray.

Just let Scott@Insightmtorsports know when its ready Ray so we can order the Motec dash for our RX7 project racecar please.

Regards Dave

Guest Marcel B

To use the AIM dash you need the Vipec AIM Dash Adaptor. It comes with all the necessary cables.

This is what the adaptor looks like. http://www.tfelectronics.com.au/bin/AimDashInterface.png

This is the wiring infomation for the cable that comes with the adaptor.

AIM_Dash_AdptCable.PNG

I loaded up the software and connected the NEW cable as you described , buth nothing happened :cry: The dash turns on , but there seems to be no communication as no values are displayed ........help :!:

Marcel,

You must be using the new adaptor I sent you. The Vipec Software cannot be online at the same time.

Make sure you do not have data stream enabled in the software. The AIM dash requests the data.

If all this is correct, then I do not know what the problem is. You will need to see if the AIM dash is sending the E command when first powered up, then is sending the A command every 20 msec or longer. If this is not happening the Vipec will not send the data.

If the data is being sent and you have the Txd, Rxd and Gnd connected correctly, then they are not decoding the CRC correctly or some other issue.

Ray.

Guest Marcel B
Marcel,

You must be using the new adaptor I sent you. The Vipec Software cannot be online at the same time.

Make sure you do not have data stream enabled in the software. The AIM dash requests the data.

If all this is correct, then I do not know what the problem is. You will need to see if the AIM dash is sending the E command when first powered up, then is sending the A command every 20 msec or longer. If this is not happening the Vipec will not send the data.

If the data is being sent and you have the Txd, Rxd and Gnd connected correctly, then they are not decoding the CRC correctly or some other issue.

Ray.

Yes i am using the NEW adapter you sent me and I was not connected to the ECU , However I did not check the data stream setting , although I am almost sure its turned off but I'll check it anyway. How do I "see" if the dash is sending a request ?

Also , what should the connections be TX +TX / RX + RX or TX+RX and TX+RX ?

Guest Marcel B

Got home from work , hooked up my laptop and turned off the data stream ........... It still dont work :cry: I switched TX and RX around a couple times .......it still dont work :cry: :cry:

info about AIM 3.2 – RS232 – Serial protocol

The data stream is standard RS232 at 19200,n,8,1. It consists of a number of short packets. Packets are sent on 10 ms ticks. Note that this does not mean that there is a packet sent every 10 ms tick – there is a pattern which repeats once a second to achieve the channel frequencies listed below, and there are some unused ticks where nothing is transmitted. Each packet consists of 5 bytes. The first byte is the channel number, the second is always A3H, the third and fourth are the channel value, high byte first. The fifth is the sum of the preceding four bytes.

info about AIM 3.2 – RS232 – Serial protocol

The data stream is standard RS232 at 19200,n,8,1. It consists of a number of short packets. Packets are sent on 10 ms ticks. Note that this does not mean that there is a packet sent every 10 ms tick – there is a pattern which repeats once a second to achieve the channel frequencies listed below, and there are some unused ticks where nothing is transmitted. Each packet consists of 5 bytes. The first byte is the channel number, the second is always A3H, the third and fourth are the channel value, high byte first. The fifth is the sum of the preceding four bytes.

I do not know what that protocol is, but will never work with the Vipec. The AIM must request the data stream from the Vipec. It also must decode the Vipec data stream. The adaptor does nothing with the data sent to the dash or from the dash to the Vipec. It just reduces the baud rate from 56700 to 19200, as the AIM will not work with baud rates greater then 38400.

Got home from work , hooked up my laptop and turned off the data stream ........... It still dont work :cry: I switched TX and RX around a couple times .......it still dont work :cry: :cry:

Marcel connect your dash to PC over USB and go in Race Studio 2 / Online and look there what you get from Vi-PEC.

I get ERR. but my interface cable is without RxD to AIM Dash, so I gues AIM can't request data from Vi-PEC

Guest Marcel B

I do not know what that protocol is, but will never work with the Vipec. The AIM must request the data stream from the Vipec. It also must decode the Vipec data stream. The adaptor does nothing with the data sent to the dash or from the dash to the Vipec. It just reduces the baud rate from 56700 to 19200, as the AIM will not work with baud rates greater then 38400.

:shock: :shock: Anyone interested in purchasing an MXL STRADA with harness :?: :?:

:shock: :shock: Anyone interested in purchasing an MXL STRADA with harness :?: :?:

I don't understand. Why are you selling yoru dash? And you should be using the CAN Bus not the RS232 but (unless you are setting yours up different)... there are two sets of wires on my harness for my STRADA. I was instructed to use the CAN+ and CAN- for my dash going to the adater from Vi-PEC. Now I did have some issues with the wiring diagram from AIM. (It was wrong lol) Now that is straitend away I can now continue with hooking up the adapter to the v88. And go through with the set-up.

It will really shock me if AIM went through all of this and did it wrong. Ecspecially after they have all the info from Rayhall. I should be able to pic up on mine again tomarow or Monday. I will keep you posted.

Guest Marcel B

I don't understand. Why are you selling yoru dash? And you should be using the CAN Bus not the RS232 but (unless you are setting yours up different)... there are two sets of wires on my harness for my STRADA. I was instructed to use the CAN+ and CAN- for my dash going to the adater from Vi-PEC. Now I did have some issues with the wiring diagram from AIM. (It was wrong lol) Now that is straitend away I can now continue with hooking up the adapter to the v88. And go through with the set-up.

It will really shock me if AIM went through all of this and did it wrong. Ecspecially after they have all the info from Rayhall. I should be able to pic up on mine again tomarow or Monday. I will keep you posted.