Dash for Vi-PEC

Guest Dave-Kriedeman

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marcel,

I think if you order a RacePak dash for the "Vipec" the V-Net adaptor and cables are included in the price. You really need to ask RacePak.

I was talking to Racepak and AIM about a dash for my Mustang at Carter Race w/ my V88. It was explained to me by Eric at Racepak that I would need the dash $625 and The S/W and cable to attach it to the V88 $200 and they have NOT TESTED IT YET and aren't sure if they can access all the parameters on the data stream (Not sure how that is :? .....) To be honest... Eric was not very helpful and really didn't know who to put me in contact with to answer my questions. Instead he tried to sell me over $2000 worth of EXTRA VNET sensors for the dash instead of just using the V88 (Which is what I want to use...)

Now at AIM I talked to Chad. He informed me that they had all the data for the V88. As long as the V88 recognized the incoming info i sent to it... they were abel to access it. HOWEVER.... they do not have a cable to attach to the CAN bus... (RAYHALL CAN YOU HELP PLEASE????) that is THE ONLY THING they are waiting for.... it is not realeased yet.... (I am going to be testing there S/W and Strada unit for them. The Strada is $1100 and Chad said proably a few more $ the attaching cable. He is also going to pre load the S/W on the dash for me and get it set up. EXTREMELY HELPFUL GUY!!!!!

Rayhall if you could help me out with a P/N for the connector that AIM can use to connect to the CAN bus on the V88 unit it would be GREATLY appriciated.

I know of at least 1 other on here with the Strada dash.... call and talk to Chad at AIM!!!! I told him about you and he would like you to test also!!!!

Thanks for getting with b18cls1 so quickly. We're suppose to be getting the dash this friday along with a connection cable that just needs to be pinned to your connector for the CAN bus. I can't wait to see it all finally come together. If there is anything you need please let me know.

Rayhall if you could help me out with a P/N for the connector that AIM can use to connect to the CAN bus on the V88 unit it would be GREATLY appriciated.

To use the AIM dash you need the Vipec AIM Dash Adaptor. It comes with all the necessary cables.

This is what the adaptor looks like. http://www.tfelectronics.com.au/bin/AimDashInterface.png

This is the wiring infomation for the cable that comes with the adaptor.

AIM_Dash_AdptCable.PNG

Is this what you are sending us (b18csl1 and Carter Race) I have the S/W for the AIM dash being e-mailed to me. The dash itself will be with us on Friday. AIM is sending me the AIM side of the cable... the only thing they didn't have was the side of the cable that hooks to the V88 (The connector that b18cls1 and I are asking about that we need.) The S/W is not released for the public yet...but I am doing testing for them, that is why I am trying to get the connector from you.

I would love to get what ever dash is out first... unfortunately I talked to Eric at Racepak again today and asked to talk to Tim like you suggested. Eric was unable to get me in contact with him. Not only that but they still are very uncertain about what info they can get/use off the Vi-PEC. I understand you are talking to Tim and they are ready... I've tried again today to buy one... they are still telling me they aren't ready. My car runs and we are ready for the dash.

Chad at AIM is getting me S/W now and wants us to test it out. It will be here Friday with the AIM side of the cable and the AIM connector. What we need is the connector for the V88 side of the cable. That is what you are sending to b18cls1 and I at Carter Race, correct?

Thanks for the info.

thanks for the baud info ...

all i get is gibberish when i telnet to the correct com port at 57600,8,n,1 and send C or A ... datastream is turn on and i dont get anything (there is no help file entry for data stream btw)

any clues ?

all i get is gibberish when i telnet to the correct com port at 57600,8,n,1 and send C or A ... datastream is turn on and i dont get anything (there is no help file entry for data stream btw)

When using the A and C to request data from the Vipec, you need to turn off the data stream option in the software. If you just want to read the data without requesting the data, then select data stream in the software. This will continuously pour out the same data you would get with the A request. You will not get the configuration information.

The data you get out should look like gibberish. It is in HEX format. I will make the full data stream information available for download in another post, after I put it on the server.

Ray.

Well Racepak released the info for ViPEC, to be honest the list of things they can display from the ViPEC leaves a bit to be desired.

As posted on there forum:

"Below is the data we can record, from the ViPec unit. Any sensor input the IQ3 is logging can be displayed on the IQ3 (based on 6 programmable inputs per screens, 4 screens total)

EFI Engine Rpm

EFI MAP Press

Barometer

EFI TPS

Inj Duty Cycle

Inj Pulse W

EFI H2O Temp

EFI Intake Temp

EFI Voltage

Wheel Speed

Inj Timing

Ing Timing

E1-Knock

Custom 1

Custom 2

Custom 3

Custom 4

Thanks,

Tim"

That's a much sorter list than was sent them, would have been nice if they could display "EFI gear", "EFI oil temp" and a few other things. I guess the custom slots can be set up to display that, but even those are limited.

Maybe this is just a limited first release.

Jeremy

We should be getting the S/W for my AIM MXL Strada Dash today. They are still saying anything that I feed into the V88 they will be able to display on the MXL. I will keep you informed.

Aim said that the new protocol fo the V88 would be released today (yes , I know todat is thanksgiving !)or tomorow with a firmware upgrade :D

I am very happy about that!!!! :D

Do you have the interface calbe for the V88 to MXL ???

and here is a few pics of my dash install in work and installed... more to come later

dash.jpg

aimdash.jpg