07 1zz-fe

Guest |109|

Guest |109|

Hi,

I'm looking at using the v88 with my 07 lotus powered by a toyota 1zz-fe engine ... the engine has dbw, but not sure if i want to leave the stock ecu controlling the dbw or move it over to the v88 ... what would be the advantage ?

do you have any wiring diagrams for the 1zz ?

Thanks, and looking forward to a great looking product !

you can piggyback the stock ecu and use the stock to do the dbw but the wiring usually gets over complicated when the v88 can do it all, i can get you what ever diagrams you need.

Guest |109|

thanks both ...

i'm leaning with leaving the dbw for the stock ecu, along with the can bus for the gauges

this leaves the question of v44 or v88 ? aside from extra inputs, the only big different i think i can see the the knock control ?

what else is different ? is there a comparisson chart ?

Cheers

Guest |109|

excellent - thats exactly what i need !

wondering tho, why traction ctrl in first gear only ? would be useful in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd ....

looking like the v88 is what i will need tho, defo want to keep knock control ... pretty much the only feature that makes a difference for me ...

Thanks

The V88 will have four wheel input traction control in every gear. It is just not available at the moment. This will be a firmware upgrade when available.

The traction control in first gear only is to get the car off the line. It requires no vehicle speed input signal. If the engine will over power the wheels in the other gears, you can setup the boost control so you have a different boost in each gear. This works quite well for straight line acceleration.

Ray.

• 1 month later...

Do you have the wiring diagram for the 07 lotus elise S ecu - i want to start mapping out what i need to do on paper before i make the order ...

or if you have a wiring diagram for the elise - vi-pec already ??!!?

Cheers

you can piggyback the stock ecu and use the stock to do the dbw but the wiring usually gets over complicated when the v88 can do it all, i can get you what ever diagrams you need.