IAT sensor location

Grayguy

I am trying to think of where I could mount the IAT sensor on my possible future setup. I am running a Subaru with the turbo in the stock location, and a TMIC. On other car the IAT is in the Intercooler piping right before the TB-plate. With the TMIC, I don't think there is any room to do that. So, can the IAT sensor be mounted after the TB-plate, as in mounted directly in the main plenum of the intake manifold? Thanks for any suggestions!

Hi Grayguy,

The plenum chamber is not the best location as heat soak can get the sensor upwards of 80deg, when the air coming in is still significantly less. On our current test car (an '07 STi) we placed the IAT in the intercooler itself, just next to the outlet. Hope that helps.

-Cameron

• 8 years later...
On 4/15/2009 at 9:22 PM, Cameron Moore said:

Hi Grayguy,

The plenum chamber is not the best location as heat soak can get the sensor upwards of 80deg, when the air coming in is still significantly less. On our current test car (an '07 STi) we placed the IAT in the intercooler itself, just next to the outlet. Hope that helps.

-Cameron

Hi Cameron, just got a G4 and will install it on a GC8 Sti with the TMIC.
Did you drill and created threads for the IAT or weld?

I'm planning to add threads but not sure if will be possible.

Thanks