vi-pec v44

Guest |104|

Guest |104|

Hi guys, I have recently bought myself a vi-pec v44 and I am very excited to get it up and running. Is there anyone here who have ever wired this up to a sierra sapphire cosworth 4x4 before ? Or somebody who can give me a little help on what I need etc. Maybe set up a wiring diagram ? Have read in the instruction that I have to use high impendance injectors and originaly on my cosworth there is low impendance injectors. Since I am quite new at this, may I ask whats the difference between those two types injectors and what is up and downs between those two types ?

If you can send me the original ECU pinout or a link to a site that has the information, I will make you a wiring diagram.

With the V44 it does not have Peak & Hold injector drivers like the V88. This means if you injectors are less then 6 ohms you will need to use ballast resistors or the TF Electronics Peak and Hold driver. http://www.vi-pec.com/bin/LexusV44.jpg

If using ballast resistor, you need one on each power wire to the injector. Quite a lot of cars have this from the factory. I would check to see if the Sierra has them.

Very big injectors tend to be low impedance. Original factory or small injectors are often high impedance. There is no real advantage (power) with either type.

Ray.

Guest |104|

I have one on a pdf. file :) can I send it to you on mail then ? Ballast resistors yes, how close are they normally fitted to the injectors ? And how easy is it to locate them and see if I have it ?