V88 ordered

Guest Marcel B

Guest Marcel B

Great !! thanks Ray . I am guessing that this adapter will also double as my programming cable ? one end would be connected to the V88 whilst the other is connected to a generic USB cable then to the laptop ?

Guest Marcel B
:D:D:D:D , Even better :D man I could kiss you right now :D ......... By the way , I've been working on my configuration and I'm thinking of having more than one (2 or 3) aux. outputs switch one relay to turn on the water injection / intercooler spray pump. This would be necessary since the pump would have to be started when the both the 1st and 2nd WI stages start as well as when the IC sprayer is activated. would this be ok ? I assume that since the ECU would be grounding the relay to switch it , it wouldnt matter how many outputs are connected to the relays' coil right ?

Guest Marcel B
By the way , I've been working on my configuration and I'm thinking of having more than one (2 or 3) aux. outputs switch one relay to turn on the water injection / intercooler spray pump. This would be necessary since the pump would have to be started when the both the 1st and 2nd WI stages start as well as when the IC sprayer is activated. would this be ok ? I assume that since the ECU would be grounding the relay to switch it , it wouldnt matter how many outputs are connected to the relays' coil right ?

Please disregard ^^ , I put it down on paper and I realized that if I connect all three to the relay ground for the pumps power supply , when any one is activated they will not only turn on the pump , but it will also switch all the other relays too. So in effect everyhing will be grounded through one wire and everything will turn on :?

There is a (IC) Intercooler spray function in the software. You can have as many of these as you want and one could be used to control water injection. Then to turn on the water pump use a GP Output. All outputs switch to ground, so the other side of your relay would go to 12v from ignition switched power.

To make it so the pump starts when either the intercooler spray or water injection operates. You would connect the Aux outputs you select to Digital 1 input as well as going to the solenoids for IC and water injection. Then make the switch condition for the Aux output that controls the water pump as Digital 1.

This is how it is wired.

MarcelWaterControl.png

Guest Marcel B

Ok , cool ...........This would work too , but I would be using a digital input as you stated , I am thinking to try and conserve the DI channels , 'cause i am looking forward to the four wheel traction control feature :D If i set it up like this ,

P8140085.jpg , I would still be using three relays (like I would have to in you wiring diagram) , but without the DI input , each of the three "ECU" connections shown would ALSO be connected to the SAME outputs used to switch on the 2 X WI stages and the IC spray , so in effect each output would switch two relays . What do you think ?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Marcel B

I figured out another way to get it done using one Aux. output and one digital input :D . by using the Aux. out menues , I just need to set values 1 and/or 2 the same as those I would set to begin the WI ,so that when the WI injection is started the pump is too . Then I set the third parameter to DI=on and connect this input to the IC sprayers' solenoid power supply , so that when 12v is sent to the solenoid to begin spraying (via a relay of course!) the Di is also activated and the pump started.

Should I place a diode on the 12V supply to the DI.? also , Ray caould you have a look at the set up menues for AUX. 10 , its a bit messed up :!:

Guest Marcel B
just received my V88, from insight motorsports, but no mounting bracket ...

should i contact insight ?

Nope , Ray said that they are still in production and that they will be shipped out to the buyers when they become available. I assume nothing has since change on this.