Honda City With D16Y8 Engine

Guest |114|

Myself and Scott from Insight Motorsports are about to install a V44 Vi-PEC in my Honda City powered by a D series 1600cc single cam Vtec engine

we have been currently tuning it with Hondata and on E10 fuel and made 85kw atw so far,the engine is running 12.5 to 1 comp mild porting to the cyl

head STD cam and STD intake manifold 60mm hrottle body.Now we are about to convert is car over to run E85 fuel and do some testing on the

effects of this fuel in a car driven everyday and so I can learn more about the Vi-PEC system,I will post up some pic's and a dyno sheet as soon as we get it

done next week then off to the drags.

Regards Dave F

• 1 month later...
That's good to hear vipec work with your version of Honda City. Did the auto-tranny give any trouble? The ECU is standalone?

No my car has been converted to a D16y8 and is a 5 speed manual now,Ray sent the harness today to Scott@Insight Motorsports so with any uck we will get it tuned by the weekend.

Regards And Then

• 1 month later...

After months of small problems with my car from the previous owners rough work on the engine conversion and lack of information on the dead times for Honda injectors

3 weeks ago I got the chance to tune my car finally with the V44,the car picked up between 5 to 8kw more atw than the other ECU I was using and on a trip up the north coast

last weekend I got 550klm,s out of 32lts of fuel best before was 430klms per 32lts.I really must thank Ray and everyone involved with the development of this ECU as my results

have really blown me away the car is very smooth to drive uses very little fuel and makes great power for a single cam Vtec engine and is tuned on E10 95 octane fuel which is the cheapest

that United Fuels have at the moment.The BIGGEST thankyou must go to my mate Scott@Insightmotorsport who has helped me in this project.

Regards Dave F