Few issues v44

Guest |150|

Hi,

I'm running a v44 on my turbo honda( d16z6 with ITB's), car has been cranking funny since day one. almost like it kicks back after a few seconds of cranking. as if the timing was too advanced. I'm getting inconsistent spark fiering when i'm cranking. or atleast it looks like that with a timing ligth connected. 1, now and then, then nothing for a few seconds, then 4 fast ones. and just a random pattern, but always 4 fast ones. running the oem distributor and coil. cranking dweel is about 8ms. running is 3ms. and falling edge triggering, engine will start pretty easy, but i have to work the throtle.

I'm not running any idle controll solenoides. idle speed is maintained with calibrated holes and ignition.

second issue is this. the computer keeps on loosing it's connection and sometimes the computer locks up when i'm reving the engine or when i reach high rpms on the road. 4000<, and i have to restart. I've installed the v4.2 software as i think it migth be the software. i havn't been able to find anything that is alwasy pressent when this hapens.

this also happened to both my pc's. and i have to unplugg the usb connection and put it back in befor the ecu can be found, if not i'll just get the same popup you do when ecu isn't connected and you try to connect.

is there anyway i can use the v44 for controling the oem alternator? rigth now the alternator is running on max the whole time.

i'm from Norway, so my dealer is Ben Stian. I've already talked to him about the starting issues. the connection problems started after i talked to him.

car runns geat, just starts funny, and the comunications is interupted.

I have sent Ben new USB driver that should fix your going off line problem. Also modified your map to make it more suitable for your engine and emailed it to him.

Changes made are.

1. Changed the trigger thresholds for Trigger 1 and Trigger 2 at cranking RPM.

2. Changed the dwell time to suit the Honda coil. This was too low and could cause misfires.

3. Turned on the target AF table, as this is needed when mapping a multi throttle body engine with a MAP sensor for load input.

4. Changed the ignition timing at 0 rpm and 100 to 80% load

5. Changed the Y axis values on the fuel table to better suit TPS mapping. I added extra value at low TPS and removed values at big TPS opening that are not required.

6. Turned off you dual fuel and dual ignition tables. Get everything working and tuned, before using features like this.

Ben tells me you have the map sensor connected to only one of the throttle bodies. You MUST connect all four to the MAP sensor.

Ray.

1. thanks, will try tomorrow, this is what migth cause the kickback? filtering noise?

2. i havn't hade any problems with missfires. at 0.6bar. could you send the coil specs to me or post them?

3. i'm doing fine with the map comp i set up. that's what the dual fuel is for. figured since the iat wasn't buildt in that the map wasn't either.

4. been on the dyno

5. already added the lover values. but i see that i can cut some of the top to.

6. map comp.

map sensor is connected to the rear of all butterflies, i'm not reinventing anything, using all the oem honda cbr air plumbing, only thing i've added is one 10mm hose for the brake booster.