V44 on a Mitsubishi Legnum

Guest |151|

thanks Ray, I look forward to hearing your results. Little is known about these engines and there's fast a growing community of us becoming interested in using aftermarket ecus. If we can get a plug-in Vi-PEC to work in our Legnums and Galants then I'm sure it will more than likely become the weapon of choice.

Thanks Ray that's great news. I will be following this up with Mark at Godzilla. Unless of course Lumpy wants to help out an old N13 Pulsar buddy ;)

[edit] obviously there wouldn't be a base map on it, would this be something that you would like done so that you can load it for future orders?

I put one together for Mark at Godzilla. It's on my work computer but I won't be in the office till Thursday so I can send it then, otherwise get in touch with Mark and get him to email it to you.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Ray,

Mark is currently fitting the modified Evo4 plug in board to my Legnum and I was wondering what you thoughts were on the following comments made by RPW regarding their plug and play Haltech E8/E11 kit:

"One of the things with these vehicles, is the factory ECU controls the alternator charge rates. Cheaper ecu like wolf, microtech, ems stinger etc do not have this function, and as a result, would require either changing of your alternator to a different unit."

Will this be an issue with the Evo4 plug in board being used in my car?

EDIT: I've also emailed Mark a more complete wiring diagram for the manual 6A13 to help with the install.

cheers

Lee

After a bit of Google searching...

There are two wires connected to the ECU and the Alternator. They are FR and G signals.

FR: Is the alternator load signal to the ECU, so it can automatically correct idle speed based on the load.

G: Is a signal from the ECU to the Alternator to control its power output. With this wired grounded the alternator charge will be reduced. If you do nothing with it, the alternator will work as normal.

Based on this information you do not have to do anything with these and the alternator will do its job.

Ray.