Closed Loop boost control

Guest |158|

should i be worried about this ...

take from the main page

Closed loop control of idle speed and boost pressure makes for a "factory" idle speed stability, and precise control of boost pressure. Boost control can be setup to provide a different boost in each gear.

unless i'm reading it all wrong it seems to say that closed loop boost control is already there ...

i bought this product based on what is advertised ... what else is not in the box that is advertised ...... apart from the mounting bracket ...

Tango

Vipec engineers are working every day to add more features than advertised also.

Closed loop boost control is already done, but it has to go through testing, and since new upgrades are so easy to add (just update the firmware), we will see this very soon.

Also, some more cool features with traction control and many more stuff.

As per open loop boost control, you can set the boost in 0.1b steady and precise, with minimum time for setting this up!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I believe it is the next thing on the list to be added. I will check on this today.

excellent. Will you be bringing out an update for us to download onto the ecu or will it only be available from our tuner?

Will you be bringing out an update for us to download onto the ecu or will it only be available from our tuner?

At first the dealers will do some testing before the public release.

I have just checked to see where we are with this, and some other features that are being finished off first. I will try to get a more accurate date later.

Ray.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In terms of the PID/PI control code, wouldn't it be easier to let MAP be the controlled variable? Rather than adding in corrections to boosted psi let the

code modulate the PWM control of the wastegate to reach target MAP directly? (instantaneous target MAP read off table based on RPM and/or other conditions)

Sorry I am confused by your reply... :?

With closed loop boost control the PID will control the boost valve with a PWM signal to achieve the boost pressure you specify in the boost control table. If the values in the boost table are manifold pressure absolute, then any correction for barometric pressure would be automatic.

Ray.

• 4 weeks later...

Any progress with the Closed Loop boost control? it would be nice beeing able to type in the boost wanted in the boost control table, rather than messing with the duty cycle to get the boost wanted.