Closed Loop boost control

Guest |158|

To get good closed loop boost control, there must be a duty table you setup first. Then you enable the closed loop control. This is the same as the idle control. Any ECU that does not have a duty table to base the closed loop around, will suffer control problems. I have been putting up with this for years. The Vipec boost control will use the same system as high end ECU like the Pectel. So you are still going to have to mess with the duty cycle.

Ray.

Guest Simon Willis

It's great to see some thought and time is going into this. I've seen a few EBCs that are fiddly to set up and never perform exactly how you want them to. By far the best one I have seen is the HKS EVC Pro. All I had to enter was the standard boost pressure from wastegate only and it worked out the rest with fuzzy-logic control.

So by the sounds of things, if we already have an open-loop duty cycle table, then will it just be a matter of switching on closed-loop, just like the idle control?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Is there going to be a future speed based boost control? I'm not sure how other ECU's do it, but AEM and DTA do it for sure. It would be nice for those of us who are only single-axle drive (RWD, of course :mrgreen:) and make too much power to have traction in the lower gears...

??????????????

I have no news. That is why I cannot answer this question. As soon as I do have news it will be posted here. By keep asking does not make it happen any quicker.

There are a lot of things under development. Each is given a priority. At times the closed loop boost was near the top of the list, only to be put back due to other decisions which effect the future plans for the product. These plans effect everyone not just the people who want closed loop boost control.

What I can tell you is there may be new firmware in about two weeks. What is in this firmware, is not known at the moment.

Ray.

• 9 months later...