Unable to connect to ECU

Guy Zahratka

Unable to get G3 to connect to PC.  I get this message. "Unable to connect to the ECU. Please check that the ECU is properly connected, the power is turned on and the correct COM port has been selected."     I'm using a USB cable.  Key is on.  In options the serial port is set to Auto. I have re-downloaded the PCLink software (version 3.4).  This is the first time I'm attempting to get a connection (new setup).  Any help is appreciated. 

Good morning,

I am assuming your ECU is a Link G3 and that you already have installed the latest PCLink for the G3 (PCLink 3.4).

I have a couple of suggestions for you to try.

1) Open device manager and have a look under Ports, you should be able to see your ECU listed.

2) If you are using windows vista or 7 you may need upgraded USB drivers. These are included with PCLink for G4, so if you download the latest version of that (PCLink 4.9.3) and install the USB drivers as part of the process. Then attempt to connect to your ECU again with PCLink 3.4.

Hope that helps,

Scott.

• 2 years later...

Hello !

I have the same problem on a Ling More G3 .

I was trying to make modifications to the fuel map, and my computer crashed .

Since then, when I plug the USB cable my PC crashes.

I tried another PC and another USB cable, but it is similar.

My device manager I have an unrecognized USB device.

Would you have a solution?

Thank you !

Sorry for my bad English, I'm French !

If you are using windows vista or 7 or 8 you may need upgraded USB drivers. These are included with PCLink for G4, so if you download the latest version of that (PCLink 4.9.3) and install the USB drivers as part of the process. Then attempt to connect to your ECU again with PCLink 3.4.

• 8 years later...

hi i am running a link g3 in my evo 3 and it comes up with this .

Unable to connect to the ECU. Please check that the ECU is properly connected, the power is turned on and the correct COM port has been selected.

any idea what i have to do im using windows 10 and have updated my usb ports .??? 

16 hours ago, D1RTY30DET said:

hi i am running a link g3 in my evo 3 and it comes up with this .

Unable to connect to the ECU. Please check that the ECU is properly connected, the power is turned on and the correct COM port has been selected.

any idea what i have to do im using windows 10 and have updated my usb ports .??? 

All fixed with hours off playing around .thank you .