Knock Control keeps turning off

Jeremy Towers

Hi

I am running a silver G4 Xtreme using internal knock control. I seem to be getting valid knock readings when the system is working. The problem is that every time I load a saved pcl file from my laptop the knock control turns itself off. It can take several attempts and stores to switch it back on again. Can you suggest what might be causing this?

Also, on the 'knock setup' page there is an entry for 'Freq' and 'Gain', then lower down there are two more entries with the same names. Are there two lots of filters? Can you clarify that? thanks. Maybe my settings are causing the problem above.

I am running 4.9.8.1540 PCLink and Firmware. Knock sensors are the standard LS2 ones.

Cheers, Jeremy

Previously Jeremy Towers wrote:

Hi

I am running a silver G4 Xtreme using internal knock control. I seem to be getting valid knock readings when the system is working. The problem is that every time I load a saved pcl file from my laptop the knock control turns itself off. It can take several attempts and stores to switch it back on again. Can you suggest what might be causing this?

Also, on the 'knock setup' page there is an entry for 'Freq' and 'Gain', then lower down there are two more entries with the same names. Are there two lots of filters? Can you clarify that? thanks. Maybe my settings are causing the problem above.

I am running 4.9.8.1540 PCLink and Firmware. Knock sensors are the standard LS2 ones.

Cheers, Jeremy

Everytime to upload a new map knock control will turn itself off.  Not sure why but it does.  To speed things along, upload your map, store and save it. Disconnect then reconnect then you will be able to enable knock control again.  Perform another store and save and it will be active until you upload a new map.

As long as you make your map changes online there is no reason you have to upload the map from the PC.  I know some people open the last save version of their map then hit the connect button and it ask if you want to upload the map but if no changes where made it should be the same map currently loaded in the Link so you can just click no.

• 1 month later...